Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first DTC today at 178000+ miles. Scan tool shows ECM P11B3. I couldn't find any specific threads here of any body has any input I'd appreciate it. Truck runs fine no noticeable problems mpg dropped a little. Rock crawler dude had started a thread for codes but he divorced from his rig and was the only one with a post and it was old. If this post is better some place else let me know

·
Registered
54 Posts
This DTC Aims To Detect Drift
Sensor 2 O2 Measured Value

Bad Fuel or O2 sensor 2 malfunction
Not bad for such high mileage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just ran some Lucas complete I'm the last tank of fuel. Bet that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any body have to change this sensor. Any how to's on replacement. I would like to do it my self and avoid the shop of possible.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Any body have to change this sensor. Any how to's on replacement. I would like to do it my self and avoid the shop of possible.
Well, if NOx and O2 sensors are the same (which, I think I have found info saying they are...?), then it could be a bit of a challenge. Look at page 12 on the attached link: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/MC-10126380-9999.pdf

It talks about he NOx sensor locations. Sensor 1 is at the Turbocharger and 2 is just past the SCR (CAT) on the exhaust. Based on the research I did, since we have an I4 engine, we should only have a Bank 1 (no Bank 2) and 2 sensors to go with it. Sensor 1 is going to be before the SCR (CAT) and 2 is after. So, since yours is Sensor 2, it should be the second sensor.

Based on the diagram, and from looking back at the pictures from the Exhuast Removal Guide, it should be the sensor that is attached to the wire of the 2nd item circled in yellow. It's the bigger of the two sensors there shown.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found this one saying it's EGT sensor 1. This came from an online manual I down loaded for 30$. Supposed to cover 2015-2018 Colorado all engines were listed
Screenshot_20200527-143233.png

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I cleared the code and the light has gone off after driving to work. Have to see if it comes back on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts