Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duramaxtuner tuned this guys 2.8 a couple of weeks ago. This is what Cindy from EFI Live told me yesterday.
"There were a couple of changes made a few weeks ago that finalized the initial release, and with the number of new customers coming on board for this platform, we've also spent some time developing new documentation.

E98 and DSP is scheduled for the next release, which also contains significant updates for GM Gas customers.

The build is in the stage of internal testing, before being released to customers."

So I'm thinking this was a Beta tune,still interesting though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I talked to Eric when he did this loves it but it flashes the computer so their is a record in it. I hate they can tell so it now kills the warranty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installed the DSP4 tunes and Trans tune by Duramaxtuner the other day. All I can say is what a difference. Shifts better,throttle response is great. I recommend this package to everyone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed the DSP4 tunes and Trans tune by Duramaxtuner the other day. All I can say is what a difference. Shifts better,throttle response is great. I recommend this package to everyone.

What has is done to your MPGs?
How is the shifting?
I have noticed that the reviewers of the transmition were correct, when they would say, it hesitates to up shift.
Which has a huge effect on the MPG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What has is done to your MPGs?
How is the shifting?
I have noticed that the reviewers of the transmition were correct, when they would say, it hesitates to up shift.
Which has a huge effect on the MPG
MPG Same. Doesn't hesitates on the upshifts it actually shifts faster.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Huge difference, I agree. Loving mine.

And guys, it won't throw your whole warranty out the window. There are laws about warranties that clearly explain how they work. Basically gm would have to prove your mod broke the truck.

You do have to pay to play. If you crank it to the race tune and hot dog it all the time and ruin your turbo then you might be on the hook for it. If I split an intercooler hose, I'll upgrade anyway.

The trans will be fine as long as you aren't towing on race tune and watch your temps (as always with auto trans and towing)

I'm more worried about the other stuff than the actual drivetrain. The mylink would cost more to replace than the turbo.

But, Dealers get paid to do warranty work, they want to do the work. Put it back to stock, take the tuner out and Chances are they'll write it up and do it. gm isn't always hovering around the dealerships auditing their warranty work claims. Save your stock files on your computer, you can reload them on the truck.

I slammed my tundra to the ground before I had the dealer tag off of it. Darn near scraping the ground with 22" wheels and killed a wheel bearing before 20,000 miles no questions asked at dealer they warrantied it and gave me a loaner.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just saw this on Facebook and read through it. I kind of knew some of this from watching other videos from them and reading their posts but it is still good information to accompany testimonies from you on here who have already done this or for those who are considering tuning your truck. I would love to do mine; just don't have the funds right now for it is all =/

Along with Rockcrawlers previous post about the dealers warranty voiding topic, which has convinced me that I can tune the truck whenever and be okay so long as I don't do 4x4 burnouts on the race tune with it =D Not that I will. Never did that with my 6.6 Duramax either when I got it tuned.

Here is the link to the post from DuramaxTuner http://blog.calibratedpower.com/blog/why-tune-a-2.8l-duramax?utm_campaign=2.8L&utm_content=50824484&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
To be clear, I dont work for GM or any dealer. I just shed some light on the warranty thing. Proceed with caution at your own risk. All you lifted guys may have voided parts of your driveline warranty anyway. Don't expect a drive shaft u joint to be covered.

That being said. I freaking love my tune from calibrated power (duramaxtuner)

My mpg stayed the same, but I haven't been on the highway yet. 150-200 miles around town and the truck is rowdy now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
So is Calibrated Power = Duramaxtuner, or are they just a vendor? I ask because the Calibrated power shop isn't all that far from me, wonder if they need any test vehicles :D

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So is Calibrated Power = Duramaxtuner, or are they just a vendor? I ask because the Calibrated power shop isn't all that far from me, wonder if they need any test vehicles :D
Yes. Calibrated power is duramaxtuner and cumminstuner. They're in Illinois. They have a shop 2.8 canyon that they have put 10,000 miles on and many of those were towing etc. wouldn't hurt to ask. They can do everything you need over a remote connection on your PC. Literally I only had to click a few things and the tech took over my computer and did everything and then I plugged it into the truck with him on the phone.

They aren't paying me for my endorsement but they went so far above and beyond with their service and they email back within minutes every time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very cool. I'm going to try and wait at least a few months before doing this, hopefully they will gain a little ground on the 2017 by then. Their shop is probably 2 hours from where I live so not exactly right around the corner, but close enough.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts