Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would almost bet the truck that it is emissions related. I had an Nox sensor cause reduced power but it did throw a check engine light. Replacing the sensor did not fix the problem. I deleted the SCR and DPF to fix it. Sorry I’m not much help. Try scanning all systems with those Bluetooth scanners from Amazon. It will likely show you have some kind of emission fault or wiring issue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had this happen, but with also the engine check light on message. The DPF filter had to be replaced, luckily still on warrantee, but getting the parts was a nightmare in June 2020 with GM shut down, then when I did get them, the lame mechanic broke something else while replacing the DPF, had to wait another month with a loaner car. Since then, no problems, that was over 10,000 miles ago, knock on wood it's fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I experienced something similar. Turned out that the issue was the engine temperature sensor was going bad. It would cause the engine power to be reduced and the ac compressor to quit working, thereby creating a sauna in the truck. The sensor would quit giving the correct signal to the computer which would then dump all accessory loads in order to protect the engine which of course includes the ac. When this occurs, my temperature gauge would be all the way to the left, not showing a temperature at all. There is a video on you tube by dobie welcher titled 2016 Colorado duramax engine temperature sensor. Good info and he also explains the part number issue.I followed his advice and replaced mine in about 3 hours. Costs me less than 100 dollars. The best tool to use to get the hose clamp and sensor off is needle nose vise grips!! Worth their weight in gold

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I experienced something similar. Turned out that the issue was the engine temperature sensor was going bad. It would cause the engine power to be reduced and the ac compressor to quit working, thereby creating a sauna in the truck. The sensor would quit giving the correct signal to the computer which would then dump all accessory loads in order to protect the engine which of course includes the ac. When this occurs, my temperature gauge would be all the way to the left, not showing a temperature at all. There is a video on you tube by dobie welcher titled 2016 Colorado duramax engine temperature sensor. Good info and he also explains the part number issue.I followed his advice and replaced mine in about 3 hours. Costs me less than 100 dollars. The best tool to use to get the hose clamp and sensor off is needle nose vise grips!! Worth their weight in gold
Thanks, I'll give it a try

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll give it a try
Thanks for the info, I watched the video and changed the part, I didn't think to unhook the battery, after I got the part changed and hose back on, filled with water, tried to start it and had a engine check light and would not start, gave a P1682 code, I must have blew a fuse but not sure where to start?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for the info, I watched the video and changed the part, I didn't think to unhook the battery, after I got the part changed and hose back on, filled with water, tried to start it and had a engine check light and would not start, gave a P1682 code, I must have blew a fuse but not sure where to start?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.