Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you had not heard, American Diesel Performance is no longer doing emissions delete tuning, unfortunately. Here’s their post from Facebook:

After talking at length with our partners at hACKman's Customs the decision has been made to work towards improving our emissions on tuning and discontinuing off-road and race tuning. As the industry changes so must those that are a part of it. In an attempt to support both the industry and our customers in the best way possible any requests to convert from race/off-road tuning to emissions compliant tuning will be done at a reduced rate. We will begin the process for having our programming certified for road legal use as well.

During this change we will begin making significant strides towards providing the most capable products and programming possible within the constraints which we are placed. We truly appreciate your support and look forward to sharing exciting new products with you.
#adp #americandieselpower #hACKmansCustoms

Effective 2200MST 17SEP2019

It would not surprise me that all other tuners start to follow suit, as Kory Willis with PPEI was hit (something like $54m). DuramaxTuner quit 3 years ago. So did Banks. So, if you wanted to delete your truck, probably not much of a chance left to do it anymore.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can’t say it is related but I just checked the GDE website and it shows the tunes as “sold out.”

Seems odd they would sell out of a tune.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can’t say it is related but I just checked the GDE website and it shows the tunes as “sold out.”

Seems odd they would sell out of a tune.
Might be that they aren't doing their Hot Tune/ Off-Road Tune anymore either for the same reason.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did get a reply. Said they shut down the store while they make sense of the “changes in the aftermarket.”

I asked for the most recent update to the tune that came out in May, the 03a. They said, send your registration and we’ll send the update. I sent my purchase receipt. I’m not sure that is what they wanted. I haven’t received the update yet. I’ll probably call again if it doesn’t arrive in a few days.

So, they are still there. I’m guessing delete tunes are completely over but they will still do tuning, eventually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What do you all think of fuel additives to help clean the DPF. I was just coming here to start my delete because I am out of warranty now. dang

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uhhh...not sure on that. I haven't heard anything about additives that will clean your DPF, but I also haven't looked.

·
Registered
81 Posts
So I guess us folks who have deleted trucks will now have a rare gem. Until the EPA comes after private owners that is.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven’t had a follow up email response from GDE on getting the update after they said they would send it. I haven’t phoned them, however.

I haven’t installed the original tune they sent me. I am concerned if I do and there is a problem, I wont get any help from them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I haven’t had a follow up email response from GDE on getting the update after they said they would send it. I haven’t phoned them, however.

I haven’t installed the original tune they sent me. I am concerned if I do and there is a problem, I wont get any help from them.
There are enough of us on here with the GDE that we should be able to help you with any issues but I don't think you will have any. Thier tune is pretty solid.

·
Super Moderator
514 Posts
What do you all think of fuel additives to help clean the DPF. I was just coming here to start my delete because I am out of warranty now. dang
Granted, I have been out of the loop so to speak as a person in the OEM Auto / Heavy Truck Off Highway Powertrain thermal management business for 10 years now, however when I was still actively testing EGR coolers designed for Semi Tractors, It was my understanding that once completely plugged, there was no other option but replacement. I have no knowledge of light vehicle applications or advancements since that time.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Granted, I have been out of the loop so to speak as a person in the OEM Auto / Heavy Truck Off Highway Powertrain thermal management business for 10 years now, however when I was still actively testing EGR coolers designed for Semi Tractors, It was my understanding that once completely plugged, there was no other option but replacement. I have no knowledge of light vehicle applications or advancements since that time.
Once they are plugged, you have to replace them. Or, you can do an EGR delete or block off plate. But those parts are hard to come by now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I should probably post this in another thread... However, I have a question about the GDE tunes.

Is the tune the ctz file or the coz file? I got an update that was a ctz file but my previous update was a coz file.

I should say that I have yet to install any of the tunes, originals or updates. My transmission started acting weird and I dont want to chance a warranty denial. However, someday, I want to install the tune.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spoke to GDE last week, via email, and this was part of their response:

"We are not able to reflash/install our tune at this time due to changes in EPA rules. Best to contact your state representative and ask them to reign in the EPA if you ever want the GDE tune. The EPA is using statute CAA 42 USC 7522 (a)(3) (A-B) to go after the after-market auto industry. We feel this rule should only cover large auto manufacturers, not older vehicles in the field."

My advice to every Red Blooded, Diesel Loving American on this website: Do exactly what they said and email your congressman! We have all seen congress reign in agencies like the EPA and DEA for that matter, with enough public outcry.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts