Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
With you until the nuc stuff. When the DOE finds the Unicorn willing to steward the waste (now "temporarily" stored in the back 40 of almost every past and present facility) for the next few thousands of generations, wake me. FYI, the DOE has been doing a hard target search for a state willing to volunteer for nearly 2 years now, nada. You can iinveigh all you like on reprocessing and how safe it is, but I don't want it and apparently no one else does either. Oh yeah, wars and civil insurrections. I'm for mega improvements to our vintage grids, more wind/solar, and girding up of the natural gas to electric chain from sand face to consumer, for backup.

Thx for the rest. If I remember it right, the old Volt had a geared or CVT'd drive from the motor(s?) to the wheels, and the Bolt is direct drive. How does the Bolt do with 4 passengers on steep hills? Also with you on "keeping your ICE". As I've mentioned before, we tow the bed hitch RV trailer in our pic ~5000 miles/year, and hopefully will continue to for many more years. No e pickups for us...
I think getting rid of the volt was a bad move. It really fit the niche of city drivers who only wanted 1 car and it was built really well. I think it was cvt And yes the bolt is direct drive. It does well even fully loaded you see a little drop in range and the same in winter but the battery temperature management system really keeps the range consistent. Even when it’s plugged in, in the garage charging you’ll here it kick on sounds like a small turbine spooling up scared me the first time I heard it. As far as the nuc stuff goesi
Agree I wouldn’t want it near me either but it’s the only think right now that can supply that kind of power

21 - 21 of 21 Posts