Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow 2.8L owners... any thoughts on a nice laud exhaust system? preferably just a cat back since I don't want to void the warranty.. also any good air intakes out there for the 2.8L?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
213 Posts
only way to get a loud exhaust is to delete the emissions system, so really a no go if you want to keep your warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No point at all for only a cat back system, as from the DEF back it's basically a straight pipe. Nominal sound gain with zero performance gain.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello fellow 2.8L owners... any thoughts on a nice laud exhaust system? preferably just a cat back since I don't want to void the warranty.. also any good air intakes out there for the 2.8L?
Thanks guys!
What I did is drilled a bunch of 1 inch holes in the stock air box, wow what difference.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you just want noise without the performance (negligible performance from even a “performance” air filter anyway) you could just take the elbow ram airbox extension thing out of the fender and you’d accomplish the same thing but it’s reversible

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I was hoping it would increase airflow and help out performance wise.
In my opinion, I don’t think the bottleneck is getting air into the air box, it’s getting air thru that factory filter, through the intake horn and into the turbo inlet.

Cutting a hole in your hood won’t increase air into the engine, either. What I’m saying is, I think his idea is dumb. Keep in mind he bedliner’d the nose of his truck so he won’t be able to resell it anyway so why not cut holes in sh!t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts