Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking for skid plates to augment the OEM front and mid plates I already have, I came across ASFIR. They have a line of skid plates specifically for the Colorado Duramax, including the transmission, fuel filters and fuel tank. They appear to be fabricated out of 1/4" aluminum similar to the OEM plates.
Has anyone had any direct or indirect experience or information regarding their products? I am not talking about 'rock crawling' durability, but protection from mild off highway/paved roads to trailheads and kayak lake put-ins. Several of our solo ventures to find new places have put us in situations where some additional underbody protection seems prudent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I learned about ASFIR through a Jeep offroading forum. ASFIR.com is based in Israel, and they make a line of skid plates, bumpers, steps, etc. for a number of vehicles, including the Colorado.

According to them, their products for the Colorado are based solely on the Duramax version which is the ONLY Colorado imported to Israel. In my correspondence with them, they do not warrant that anything they make will fit the Canyon as it, specifically, is not imported to Israel.

The Bill's of Material and pictures they have sent me look very promising, and their pricing, which seems very reasonable, includes shipping to the customer in the US.

Since I would only be a 'one off' customer, I am curious as to the experience of any other Colorado Diesel owners, if any.

I don't put Israel in the same category of China as a supplier, and these appear to be fabricated solely because the Duramax Colorado is being imported to Israel by somebody in enough volume for needing these components.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having worked with Israeli companies in the past, I wouldn't put them anywhere near China as a supplier. Very professional and very good quality would be my expectation.

Good info. I'll definitely be checking them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts