Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a post below about First Mods and someone said they put on one of these bumpers. Didn't know if anyone else had. See steal bumpers around here quite often (Ranch Hand, Fab Fours, Iron Cross, etc.) on full size trucks, but none yet on a Colorado/ Canyon.

I think Fab Fours is the only one who makes one to my knowledge yet. Really thinking of getting one at some point on our Canyon, for looks as well as safety as there a lot of deer around here that like to run out in front of vehicles.

Just not sure on what style to get from them. They have a Vengence and Premium bumper, the Premium being heavier built (not sure on the weight, it does not state). The Vengence is only 60-70 lbs I think. Probably go with the Premium, but then there are 3 different styles of that: just bumper, bumper with pre-runner guard and bumper with full guard. We will probably go with one of the two guards, as they cover the grille and headlights, all the vitals of the front, especially with the full guard.

Here is the link to the Canyon Premium bumpers on their site, they have ones for the Colorado as well which look pretty good on them. http://fabfours.com/product/premium-front-bumper-17/

Anyone else thinking of getting one?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the FabFour premium with a Warn 10k winch in it. It is close to 200 lbs. I looked at the Addictive off road also, they were way more expensive but the company reviews is what turned me away from them.
Any of the bumper will be better for deer impacts.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thought I liked it. Until I saw the price :oops: $1,900 unless you don't get it on sale, then it's $2,400. Fab Fours Premium bumpers, no guard is like $1,530 and with the full guard is like $1,630. And that Expedition One bumper you shared goes from $1,400 up to $1,800 if you do some add on's.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Very high price for non winch, I agree. Too bad the expedition one is for canyons. I would own one already.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Expedition one says a colorado bumper is in the works, according to their email reply. That is the one I will be holding out for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a post below about First Mods and someone said they put on one of these bumpers. Didn't know if anyone else had. See steal bumpers around here quite often (Ranch Hand, Fab Fours, Iron Cross, etc.) on full size trucks, but none yet on a Colorado/ Canyon.

I think Fab Fours is the only one who makes one to my knowledge yet. Really thinking of getting one at some point on our Canyon, for looks as well as safety as there a lot of deer around here that like to run out in front of vehicles.

Just not sure on what style to get from them. They have a Vengence and Premium bumper, the Premium being heavier built (not sure on the weight, it does not state). The Vengence is only 60-70 lbs I think. Probably go with the Premium, but then there are 3 different styles of that: just bumper, bumper with pre-runner guard and bumper with full guard. We will probably go with one of the two guards, as they cover the grille and headlights, all the vitals of the front, especially with the full guard.

Here is the link to the Canyon Premium bumpers on their site, they have ones for the Colorado as well which look pretty good on them. http://fabfours.com/product/premium-front-bumper-17/

Anyone else thinking of getting one?
I also plan on putting one on and think I will go with full guard I found some or the expedition stone as mentioned in a post below and they look awesome but if I didn’t worry about all the deer I would do the pre runner style

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Fab Fours front bumper on mine that I bought from a body shop after the previous owner had totaled their truck. It was in excellent shape aside from a scrape in the powder coat and a broken light bezel that Fab Fours replaced at no cost. I love the look and clearance it gave the frontend. I just called and gave them the welded on serial number and they shipped it right to me. Great customer experience on my part and that says a lot to me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have an ARB front bumper that just saved my truck from a write off due to a 4 point buck impact. Truck still drive able after.
Guaranteed all coolers, intercooler and likely front of motor would have been damaged.
$10k repairs, but insured.
Have rear FabFours bumper. I fabbed a tire carrier/ fuel carrier that pins into receiver and tow points on the bumper. On my trail truck which it fits as well.
9A955610-FFDF-4D60-8045-A01D0080E08F.jpeg

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have an ARB front bumper that just saved my truck from a write off due to a 4 point buck impact. Truck still drive able after.
Guaranteed all coolers, intercooler and likely front of motor would have been damaged.
$10k repairs, but insured.
Have rear FabFours bumper. I fabbed a tire carrier/ fuel carrier that pins into receiver and tow points on the bumper. On my trail truck which it fits as well.
View attachment 8503
Can we see a photo of the front?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts