Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread will start as a question along with estimates from Fox and turn into actual results once the install is done. First, the question.

Has anyone installed these on a CCLB at the default "2-inch lift" setting? If so, what was the actual lift you saw?

I reached out to Fox and they estimate that I should see 1-1.5" of lift with the added weight of the Duramax, which is basically exactly what I'm after. I've already upgraded my rear suspension (Peak shocks and Deaver expedition leafs) and when unloaded the rake is a little excessive, even with the Decked drawers and topper. I'm not looking to level my daily driving setup but rather raise the front for clearance and level it when our Off Grid trailer is hitched up. Doing so would take roughly 1.5" of lift (I think it's closer to 1.75") and adjusting the Fox 2.0 preload is a pain without a press or spring compressor, so it makes me happy that Fox expects roughly the amount of lift I'm looking for.

Not sure when the parts will ship, but I'll post up before and after measurements and pics. I also expect the springs to settle a little, so I'll give them a week or two before I have an alignment done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might not see too many Fox folks on here. If you happen to know if the 2” spring rate is the same as their 2.5” spring rate, then we could compare thread turns versus my fender height if that helps at all.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might not see too many Fox folks on here. If you happen to know if the 2” spring rate is the same as their 2.5” spring rate, then we could compare thread turns versus my fender height if that helps at all.
I would assume the spring rate is the same since the 2.0 and 2.5 come preset for 2" of lift which would be based on the gas (probably V6) trucks. Did you install them as they came out of the box and compare the height or did you make changes before you even installed them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you install them as they came out of the box and compare the height or did you make changes before you even installed them?
Long story, but they were adjusted by an install shop who felt it necessary to jack them up sky hi like a true prerunner rig. But the Foxes were very poorly tuned/damped for my truck, so I pulled them off and sent to Accutune Offroad for a revalve. They set the preload based on my goal of 1.75” lift, I reinstalled myself, and it seemed to be about right. It’s been a few years now, so I’m a bit hazy on all the steps taken. And I haven’t spun those preload rings myself, but yeah that would be a pain.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long story, but they were adjusted by an install shop who felt it necessary to jack them up sky hi like a true prerunner rig. But the Foxes were very poorly tuned/damped for my truck, so I pulled them off and sent to Accutune Offroad for a revalve. They set the preload based on my goal of 1.75” lift, I reinstalled myself, and it seemed to be about right. It’s been a few years now, so I’m a bit hazy on all the steps taken. And I haven’t spun those preload rings myself, but yeah that would be a pain.
Gotcha, thanks for the info! I got the install done yesterday, initial lift is 2-1/8" so I'm hoping it settles by at least 0.5" after some time. We'll see!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As an aside, .. do those tires rub the mudflaps before / after lift ?
These (265/70/R17) didn't rub before or after, the previous tire/wheel combo I ran (275/55R20 on stock Denali wheels) would rub the inner mounting screw/washer on turns so I actually didn't run front mudflaps for a couple of years. I got these tires/wheels last month and am much happier with them all around than the 275s.

Reactions: tex2018

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A better after pic. Lift has already settled a little bit with just a little driving, went from 38-1/8" ground to fender to 37-3/4" and now it's level with the rear when unhitched. Hopefully it settles a bit more so it's level when the trailer it hitched up.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts