Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had my front drivers side axle seal replaced again. The last one was put in 8k miles ago. Both were covered by the warranty. The warranty is up in 2k miles. the dealership says it’s a bad design. I’m worried it’s a sign of something wrong in the front differential That is being pushed out until I have to pay to fix it. while I love the truck when it’s working fine. I have to keep a code reader in it because, it won’t go 2 months without throwing a code. any codes seem to get rid of tow haul mode and traction control. This routine is getting old.
Any thoughts appreciated thanks Paul

·
Registered
290 Posts
Today I had my front drivers side axle seal replaced again. The last one was put in 8k miles ago. Both were covered by the warranty. The warranty is up in 2k miles. the dealership says it’s a bad design. I’m worried it’s a sign of something wrong in the front differential That is being pushed out until I have to pay to fix it. while I love the truck when it’s working fine. I have to keep a code reader in it because, it won’t go 2 months without throwing a code. any codes seem to get rid of tow haul mode and traction control. This routine is getting old.
Any thoughts appreciated thanks Paul
"Bad design". Color me skeptical. My sample size of one has had no problems in ~48K miles, often heavily loaded. And I follow new posts here pretty religiously and don't remember seeing this (an invitation to other posters to set me straight).

Could the codes be getting thrown by loads from a bad drive train component? Just wondering.

Maybe ask the service rep what makes him think it is a "bad design". Any documentation, like service bulletins?

I'd hate to go off warranty without both of these problems being solved, definitively.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts