Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Fully developed Colorado/Canyon tuning options
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any customers have pre and post tuning fuel economy and wish to post it here, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Never did better than 27.3 mpg. average on a full tank. Tune installed on Sunday and a half tank of fuel. Filled up this morning and was at 28.1 after a half tank. AND Ive been playing with the added power as well. It'll be interesting to see where it's at after a whole tank with the GDE hot tune and transmission tune.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I went from 22-25 mpg to 28-30 mpg. Kentucky rolling hills and curves. Non-off-road version.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Update. My best 450 miles has went from 22.x mpg to 28.8 mpg.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
These are phenominal results. I can’t wait to do my reviews on the green diesel tune versus the DT. I’ve been getting ok mileage on DT but nothing like these results

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon LB SLT 2.8L Duramaxtune. Loads of upgrades.
76 Posts
Wow, I lost 6 mpg with my lift and tires. How can I tune in California... this state blows.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow, I lost 6 mpg with my lift and tires. How can I tune in California... this state blows.
Even if you are using your truck in an off-road application, GDE will not sell you any of their tunes. It is rediculus...

You would need to use a credit card w/ a billing address in another state besides CA and have it shipped to different out-of state address.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Towed yesterday since the tuning. 370ish miles at 22 mpg. Towed my bike and 6.5x12 foot utility trailer. Can't compare vs stock as this was the first time on this route. 140 miles of the total round trip involved very step hills and very sharp curves.

I

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon LB SLT 2.8L Duramaxtune. Loads of upgrades.
76 Posts
Hey man, I will also offer to help you get the tune if you want.
Thanks, I just created a thread about a tune for California also. What kind of tune? I don't want to have to revert it to pass smog in 2 years.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks, I just created a thread about a tune for California also. What kind of tune? I don't want to have to revert it to pass smog in 2 years.
I don’t think “they” (CA smog techs) can actually see the GDE tune. I think they are just looking for ready codes on all the emissions equipment when they plug in. Plus a visual inspection of the engine. As long as you don’t have any visible mods or a catch can you should pass smog.

Somebody with more knowledge please correct me if I’m wrong...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts