Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Thanks for the link, RCD. Starting on a 9-10K mile trip next week, towing a trailer. We'll get 18-19 m/g and will have one fuel filter and at least one oil and oil filter change. The ff I might be able to do in a campground....
Btw, You’ll need the same 27mm socket to change both the oil and the fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
19,000 miles. fuel filter life was at 7%.

FYI If you reset the fuel filter life when you have the key to run but not started then it resets to 100% right away. I did this while I was priming the pump.

5A9CE446-1A73-4BB7-9E7D-EAB74E06640B.jpeg

Also FYI if you have 33 miles range left in your fuel tank and you change your fuel filters then your tank will be slap-ass dry. If this happens your truck will only run for 15 seconds after the repair. Lmao.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2017 model 2.8 Duramax @62000 miles, still get 25 miles towing. change my oil every 5K miles. changed filters all cabin engine fuel
my truck will be happy when I change the trans & rear dif + transfer case next. have anyone here done a break job on Colorado? if you did please post the type of brake pads used as always Great knowledge found here. Thanks Folks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see most of the posts here are from some time ago. For my experience, I did my first change of the fuel filters at 30,000 miles. Expected to do it around 20,000 miles based on diesels in other brand vehicles...... Coming due again at the next oil change ( I do my oil changes/tire rotations every 5k miles) for fuel filter replacement. I see a few comments about cycling the key on for a few seconds or starting the truck multiple times to reset the fuel filter life monitor. You can reset it by pressing/holding the check mark on the right side steering wheel buttons while the viewing the fuel filter life monitor in the DIC, same as you do for resetting the oil life monitor.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts