Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and it looks like there's a lot of great info here. I have a 2018 z71 4x4 and we love it, its been everything we hoped it would be. unfortunately with under 12,000 miles we have had to replace two fuel injectors and now the light is on for a third time. The truck has had one oil change done by the dealer. They seem to have no idea whats going on with the injectors. When I ask if we should do obvious things like change the fuel filter their response is that its the injectors that are the problem.

Has anyone else had issues like this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Trying to learn as much as i can before i have to go deal with these dummies at the dealer again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's strange. The worst things for fuel injectors are unfiltered fuel and/or contaminants like water. If you get enough water in your fuel it usually takes out your HP fuel pump first and sends shrapnel throughout the fuel system so then everything needs to be replaced. High dollar repair if that happens.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If you've already had 2 done and need a 3rd, you might as well see if they won't do the 4th one too (I am assuming there is only 1 injector per cylinder so if I'm wrong, I apologize). Very good chance it's bad too if 3 have failed.

And I would have them change the fuel filter too. Seems like something is getting through to the injectors and messing them up.

On the 6.6 Duramax engine, the 1st and 2nd generations of them were notorious for injectors failing, but at the 100,000 mile mark. So it was good practice to change the fuel filters every 10,000 - 15,000 miles to keep crap from getting to the injectors.

I think you are the first I've heard of this happening to on the 2.8 engine. Hopefully it's just a fluke, which is still unfortunate for you, but hopefully your dealer will take care of you on this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts