Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
I still have not run it to empty yet, but it always seems to take on more fuel than I would think based on the gauge.

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
I'll be making a fairly long run in text week or so, I'll try to document how much I can pump in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok guys, the tank is the same as their big brothers 25 gallons. But the filler neck is placed deeper in the tank. This allows for the foaming of the Diesel when filling. If you fill to the first pump click and then fill slow you can add up to 4-5 gallons. I put 3-4 extra every time. Some people will say this is bad due to expansion. This information came from a reliable source from GM.
I fill my diesel up until the very top lol. The good thing about diesels is they don't have a charcoal evap system so I don't think overfilling will damage it like a gas system.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I fill my diesel up until the very top lol. The good thing about diesels is they don't have a charcoal evap system so I don't think overfilling will damage it like a gas system.
Same here, did this yesterday. Fuel level was sitting at just below 1/4 tank where I like to fill it as I don't like to run it too low. Crammed 20 gallons in there and was sorry I didn't bring my two 5 gallon Jerry Cans with me, as I had $1.25 off per gallon in Kroger fuel points, which allow up to 35 gallons. Paid $3.84 per gallon with the fuel points, still more expensive than mid grade gas but a lot better than $5.09 a gallon...

Reactions: SFLTruck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Fill to spill as they say. I top off to the top until it won't creep back down. With fuel prices constantly rising todays price is a bargain as to what you'll pay next week.
Fill to spill as they say. I top off to the top until it won't creep back down. With fuel prices constantly rising todays price is a bargain as to what you'll pay next week.
There's a 35 gallon aftermarket tank we can get... thinking of doing it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts