Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with any knowledge how these trucks sound if fully deleted everything removed ? Maybe straight pipes vs muffler ?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There are a few videos in this thread.

https://www.coloradodiesel.org/threads/4-inch-exhaust.3377/#post-28201

I will make mention that the 4 inch is a custom job, that would have to get a muffler shop to do; no manufacturer makes one currently, only 3 inch systems are available. I think a 4 inch sounds a lot better per the video and I hope to do one some day. Those who make systems are aFe, Flo~Pro and now also, MBRP. aFe will be by far the best quality and probably hold up the best, but does cost more.

As for sound, I would say they all sound the same. Add a muffler or an exhaust tip and that will change your sound. I have the Flo~Pro with their muffler. It has some drone to it at highway speed but it’s alritht. I feel no muffler would be bad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am running a 4” flow pro with muffler on a deleted LML dmax. I like it but it has some drone. I want this smaller truck to be much quieter than the LML !

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I had a 4" MBRP on my LLY with straight pipe and no muffler. I loved that truck and the sound it produced. I wish this truck sounded like that. Like I said though, I don't know if I could handle the truck if I didn't have the muffler on it, I think it would be very annoying. With the muffler is alright. It's not terrible at highway speeds, just make sure the radio is on and don't focus on the truck and you'll be okay.

I am thinking of purchasing an MBRP or aFe tip in hopes that it will change the sound of the exhaust slightly and make it sound better. It's not loud enough for my liking at idle :cool:

It almost purrs at idle and doesn't sound like a diesel is why I say that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the sound on a bigger truck. On this one I would like it to be quiet but I would like all the extra stuff gone

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the sound on a bigger truck. On this one I would like it to be quiet but I would like all the extra stuff gone
I did a delete tune but instead of getting aftermarket exhaust I just cut out the dpf and welded in a piece of pipe. No noticable difference in the way the exhaust sounds. Nice and quiet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice leave factory tip and all ?
Yes everything stock except dpf removed. What is nice is the factory exhaust is 2.75 inches so I cut a piece of 3 inch pipe long enough to slide over the factory exhaust on both ends and welded it up. Perfect fit and looks nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts