Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

GDE old non-compliant tune / going to compliant and back

4K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  terryjm1 
About 425 miles since tuned, I have set a new personal fuel economy record. My previous best for 450 was 31.7 and that included almost all interstate driving. This new record was with no interstate driving. There were a lot of hills and typical speeds ranged from 40 to 60 mph. However, while not interstate, there is not much stop and go driving on my regular route. My previous last 450 under the same driving conditions as the 33.3 was 26.5, which is an “apples to apples” comparison. I am planning a long interstate trip next month. I am looking forward to seeing how well it does then.

This (33.3 mpg) is almost as good as my wife’s Subaru crosstrek but she drives with a heavy foot. On the same routes she is usually at 35 mpg. I’m a more conservative driver than her. I’m sure it would be a little higher if I was driving her car. (She doesn’t like me driving her car or how I drive. I wish there was a way she could be a passenger of herself...)

It is still less costly to drive her car but not enough to park the Canyon again unless the disparity between diesel and gas widens again.

View attachment 9570
Nice!

My wife has a plug in hybrid that goes 25 miles on a charge. I take her "golf cart" on short trips instead of my truck. Because we short trip that car in town a lot in EV mode, it is averaging 82 MPG at the moment. At a 5 cent per kWH overnight rate, it costs about 1 cent per mile in electricity to drive. Gotta love that kind of fuel economy these days.
That‘s great numbers. I bought the GDE tuned about 4 mon; Ago. I find the mileage the truck reports is better, but when I hand calculate the miles traveled and fuel added from the pump. The Gde calculations have been 4-6 mpg off. My actual hand calculated mileage hasn’t changed enough to see any difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.