Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a very clean and dealer serviced '17 w/ only 61k on it. Put a few hundred miles on it so far - loving it! However the other day I had a Check Engine light come on - w/ no messages.... Absolutely no changes to performance/driveability.

Went to the local parts store and used their scanner to read/clear the Code. Came back with a "P067A - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Control Circuit Low Voltage" msg. Light came back on a day later and maybe 20 miles

Things I should check for? Very little info on the Glow Plugs on the 2.8l other than the #4 is a PIA to replace - just my luck. Nearest dealer is 1.5 hrs away so I would prefer to work on it myself. Reasonably mechanically savy just zero experience on a diesel

Thanks for the help and suggestions

·
Registered
15 Posts
1) Check glow plug resistances.
2) Check for harness chafing if the plugs measure ok.

Pull the single wire connector if you can and measure resistance to ground. Most glow plugs are around 1 Ohm. Compare the #4 glow plug to a couple others that are not being flagged for errors.

P067A indicates short to ground so the #4 plug should show dramatically lower resistance than others if it is at fault. Remember to subtract lead resistance as DMM's aren't very good at measuring low resistances. Short the leads together to measure this and use the lowest stable number you see.

If all plugs measure around 1 Ohm the issue might be wire harness chaffing. You should be able to find a service bulletin here regarding that fairly common issue. I have been here for a while and haven't seen much if any issue with glow plugs.

·
Registered
661 Posts
1) Check glow plug resistances.
2) Check for harness chafing if the plugs measure ok.

Pull the single wire connector if you can and measure resistance to ground. Most glow plugs are around 1 Ohm. Compare the #4 glow plug to a couple others that are not being flagged for errors.

P067A indicates short to ground so the #4 plug should show dramatically lower resistance than others if it is at fault. Remember to subtract lead resistance as DMM's aren't very good at measuring low resistances. Short the leads together to measure this and use the lowest stable number you see.

If all plugs measure around 1 Ohm the issue might be wire harness chaffing. You should be able to find a service bulletin here regarding that fairly common issue. I have been here for a while and haven't seen much if any issue with glow plugs.
FYI, He asked on the CFfans board and was provided some guidance and the TSB for the wiring harness issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts