Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a letter from GM offering me money to drop off a rental and take my truck to emissions test it for CARB/EPA purposes.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to do it... anyone done it before? If so, do they provide a vehicle of the same class, or should I expect a Cruze?
Enclave Denali at the least plus free oil canges for life + a free trip to Hawaii for you and your family

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called and spoke with them today - they said they replace with an equivalent or better model, in my case likely a Silverado. They'll return it with a full tank of fuel. And if they find anything wrong, they'll ask permission to schedule an appointment at a dealership to have it fixed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a letter from GM offering me money to drop off a rental and take my truck to emissions test it for CARB/EPA purposes.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to do it... anyone done it before? If so, do they provide a vehicle of the same class, or should I expect a Cruze?

GM needs a customers truck to do these test's ?? They will condemn your truck and say sorry you don't get it back. I would tell them thanks but no thanks. Sounds fishy to me

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s pretty cool. But yeah,they will test the piss out of your truck
For the testing, they just repeat the same emissions testing they did to get the certification. There's no "beating the piss out of it" during the testing - it's a very controlled test.

What happens with the truck to and from the testing facility is a different question. However, it's a diesel Colorado... What are they going to do, run 20 second passes at the drag strip? (yawn)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did that last August, worked great. They kept my truck 1 week longer and paid me double. I gave them my truck with 1/4 tank and it came back full. They gave me a new Silverado full and I gave it vback with half a tank. My truck had 75 miles put on it. win win imho

·
Registered
4 Posts

I received the same letter. All the testing is done inside on a dyno. The only reason that I said no is because they can keep the truck for a month and I have a ZR2 that is built and I go offroad. They will give you a new lowner of equal value but I don't want to take the cahnce off road with there truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts