Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a ‘21 Z71 baby max. I am looking to run a a goal zero yeti car link kit to the bed where I will have a goal zero yeti 1000x running a Dometic fridge and led lights, with plans for a diesel heater in the future. The 80 amp fuse block is rather bulky and doesn’t seem to intuitively want to fit nice and clean anywhere close to the battery. Has anyone installed this or something similar and have some good ideas where to mount and run the wires?

cheers!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hello all! I have a ‘21 Z71 baby max. I am looking to run a a goal zero yeti car link kit to the bed where I will have a goal zero yeti 1000x running a Dometic fridge and led lights, with plans for a diesel heater in the future. The 80 amp fuse block is rather bulky and doesn’t seem to intuitively want to fit nice and clean anywhere close to the battery. Has anyone installed this or something similar and have some good ideas where to mount and run the wires?

cheers!
Welcome, and there are a few threads on the "Colorado fans" side of the house you may want to visit.

·
Registered
21 Posts

cheers!
I have a Canyon Duramax and recently ran a 6ga line to the back end of a new capper for three 12V outlets. I agree with you. I was leery of any area near the battery. Too many potential shorts!! So I ran ~3ft jump wire from one of the 4 service taps on the front side of the battery assembly to an auto reset 60amp fuse block that I mounted just inside the rear of the engine compartment. Without going out to the garage to verify exactly, it is butted close to the gasket seal at a point aligned with the wiper post. I ended up using a bolt through the hole at one end of the fuse block and neatly wrapped a wire through the hole at the other end. Does not look like a factory install, but it is securely mounted and protected! I was able to run my wire run straight down to the frame rail and then zip tie it along the factory installed harness all the way back to the area of the rear tail light. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Canyon Duramax and recently ran a 6ga line to the back end of a new capper for three 12V outlets. I agree with you. I was leery of any area near the battery. Too many potential shorts!! So I ran ~3ft jump wire from one of the 4 service taps on the front side of the battery assembly to an auto reset 60amp fuse block that I mounted just inside the rear of the engine compartment. Without going out to the garage to verify exactly, it is butted close to the gasket seal at a point aligned with the wiper post. I ended up using a bolt through the hole at one end of the fuse block and neatly wrapped a wire through the hole at the other end. Does not look like a factory install, but it is securely mounted and protected! I was able to run my wire run straight down to the frame rail and then zip tie it along the factory installed harness all the way back to the area of the rear tail light. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for the reply. That looks like the best way to do it. I was able to run the the goal zero cable from the bed to the engine compartment as you described. The goal zero connectors were a tight fit in a few spots. I have it temporarily running to the battery terminal, but will relocate it to one of the empty fuse block. Did you use a self tapping screw at the fuse block?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts