Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 21 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost each time a truck passes me it slows down first, the driver is probably saying to himself what the **** is that???
Anyways im really into it and i think it looks great, especially now that i dropped her off for a 6” coilover lift and some AMP steps :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I don't think so. I've seen people with 3/4 ton trucks have really large ones that just don't look proportionate to the truck. There was a mid 2000's Dodge driving around town with a 12 inch (at least). It looked like a trash can...

On these trucks, I'm not sure if I want an exhaust tip when I redo the exhaust. If I do, it will probably be a 5 inch single wall tip or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 5" on mine, it was the factory tip from my son's Cummings after he did a delete on his 2017. I did have it powder coated black.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Be careful with the coilover. What kit? I got the BDS lift and it’s being redesigned at BDS right now.
Curious as to what happened with your lift, as I was thinking about a BDS coil over lift myself

·
Registered
5 Posts
Curious as to what happened with your lift, as I was thinking about a BDS coil over lift myself
Long story. The place ordered and installed the kit without the DSC shocks. So I wanted them to replace them. Took 3 weeks and headache and got it back and it rubbed really bad and was off 1 inch on the passenger side. Took it to another lift place and they said it was all off and took it directly to BDS. They had the wrong springs on the coilover kit. Picking it up tomorrow to see how it look. Overall it looks great but I caution you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ Sorry to hear your trouble, sounds like those guys are total Morans!!
Post the name of the place so nobody else makes the same mistake.

You caution what??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Long story. The place ordered and installed the kit without the DSC shocks. So I wanted them to replace them. Took 3 weeks and headache and got it back and it rubbed really bad and was off 1 inch on the passenger side. Took it to another lift place and they said it was all off and took it directly to BDS. They had the wrong springs on the coilover kit. Picking it up tomorrow to see how it look. Overall it looks great but I caution you.
So was it the aftermarket installer that messed up or was it BDS?

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, how much was the lift ? And how much on the steps ? Not wanting to pry, but it looks great and would love to have it on mine. It looks awesome on your truck! Just imagine that set up on a White Canyon ! If it looks good on a black truck, put it on a clean white truck ! And SH!T ! Now you doing something!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The bds coilover dsc kit is just under $4000 (changing the oil is easy now because no jack is needed, but it sucks a little because the whole skid plate needs to be removed)
The steps were $1269
Tires were $1200
Wheel were $800
Lugs $40
Labor and allignment $2200 (truck handles like on rails from before)
Plus tax total $10,000 invested

I still need some new upper control arms, another wheel and tire incase something happens and some other minor stuff.
Figure another $3000 + or -, plus a winch bumper to finish the look, haven’t decided yet

My thought is In a 2-3 years ill be selling her and i want good resale value for a high mileage truck.

I got the duramax tuner installed the other day.
I did it more for the annoying mileage correction, the increased mileage and performance is a big plus!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I forgot to mention when i did the lift truck i also had the Roadmaster Active Suspension installed.

1 - 21 of 24 Posts