Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
So does the system still regen to burn off the soot in the collector? Or will it eventually plug?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So does the system still regen to burn off the soot in the collector? Or will it eventually plug?
It still does regens. Your dpf, in theory, would last longer due to less soot from the egr being removed

FWIW, The dpf will eventually plug regardless even if left stock. It’s a filter and all filters need replacing eventually. You can only clean it so many times

·
Registered
5 Posts
G.D. I currently own a 2018 ZR2 Duramax Diesel as well as a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel. Do you also offer a tuner for the Cruze Diesel?

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have full support for the Colorado/Canyon engine and trans tuning and just recently joined this forum. We hope to be a good source for optimizing the performance, drive ability and fuel economy of this platform. GDE is a bit later than all the other tuners, but we offer improvements outside of normal tuning parameters available with EFI Live or HP Tuner. Those are great delivery tools, but only allow maybe 200-300 maps to be changed. GM software has over 15,000 maps, curves and labels. Tapping into more maps allows for more optimization. We use other tools for development and data analysis and then port the tunes into EFI AutoCal. It typically takes us 12 -18 months to develop a tune for any vehicle application. We need 4 seasons of development and validation. Each summer new test vehicles go through altitude trailer testing in Colorado (Eisenhower and Vail Pass), then on to Davis Dam for a 6% grade at 110F followed by Las Vegas city traffic in the heat. We also do cold testing down to -20 F each winter. There are many correction maps/curves based on altitude and ambient temp. When the base timing, boost and pressure maps are modified, all the correction maps need to be optimized accordingly. This all takes time, but it allows for one tune to be safe in all driving conditions feasible in North America.

We are still developing new features on this platform and would like to hear your experiences and opportunities for further improving the driving experience.
Don since Hot tune and Trans Tune hwy mpg went from 29mpg to 32.8 mpg at avg 68 mph.

·
Registered
61 Posts
JUST RETURNED 7K CROSS COUNTRY TRIP, PULLING A 21 FT CAMPLITE 21RBS, WITH 750 SUZUKI IN THE BED. HAVE THE GREEN DIESEL HOT TUNE, AND THE TRANNY TUNE, FIRESTONE AIRBAGS , MODIFIED THE STOCK AIR CLEANER BOX, CLIMBED THE ROCKIES, PLAINS, APPALACHIANS, CITIES, WIND, RAIN. TWO LANE HIGHWAYS WITH HILLS, PASSING LANE NO PROBLEM. ALL WITH AN AVERAGE OF 19 MPG.PULLING 6000 LBS,
IMG_1304 (2).jpg
WHEN EMPTY AVG 30 MPG. I PUT THIS BABY THRU THE TEST. VERY HAPPY!!!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
JUST RETURNED 7K CROSS COUNTRY TRIP, PULLING A 21 FT CAMPLITE 21RBS, WITH 750 SUZUKI IN THE BED. HAVE THE GREEN DIESEL HOT TUNE, AND THE TRANNY TUNE, FIRESTONE AIRBAGS , MODIFIED THE STOCK AIR CLEANER BOX, CLIMBED THE ROCKIES, PLAINS, APPALACHIANS, CITIES, WIND, RAIN. TWO LANE HIGHWAYS WITH HILLS, PASSING LANE NO PROBLEM. ALL WITH AN AVERAGE OF 19 MPG.PULLING 6000 LBS, View attachment 7887 WHEN EMPTY AVG 30 MPG. I PUT THIS BABY THRU THE TEST. VERY HAPPY!!!!!!
That is awesome. I like your trailer.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
JUST RETURNED 7K CROSS COUNTRY TRIP, PULLING A 21 FT CAMPLITE 21RBS, WITH 750 SUZUKI IN THE BED. HAVE THE GREEN DIESEL HOT TUNE, AND THE TRANNY TUNE, FIRESTONE AIRBAGS , MODIFIED THE STOCK AIR CLEANER BOX, CLIMBED THE ROCKIES, PLAINS, APPALACHIANS, CITIES, WIND, RAIN. TWO LANE HIGHWAYS WITH HILLS, PASSING LANE NO PROBLEM. ALL WITH AN AVERAGE OF 19 MPG.PULLING 6000 LBS, View attachment 7887 WHEN EMPTY AVG 30 MPG. I PUT THIS BABY THRU THE TEST. VERY HAPPY!!!!!!
Amazing results. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
80 Posts
New tune update.
I wanted to get people's opinions on the new update that came today. I will put in my 2 cents after driving it for a week or so. I am hoping that the annoying hard down shifts are improved, which is my one and only complaint about my truck.

Also hoping GDE will chime in and let us know the improvements they made with this update?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also would periodically experience hard down shifts with the first transmission tune. I asked GDE if I could have the updated tranny tune which they e mailed to me right away. They informed me that the transmission had a learning function and asked that I give it some time after installing. I guess it's been about 3 months now and there is a noticeable improvement. Very rarely will it down shift hard and when it does its no where near as hard as it once was.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’ve had a CDE hot tune & trans tune sinse January and it was very good big improvement over the GM.
Their latest update surprise me the hot is even a little better and trans tune is about perfect really impressed. Trans shifts and locks up like you would want no overrevving or late shifts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So it's been around 3 weeks with the newest hot and transmission tune update and performance has been fantastic. Downshifts are smooth and upshifts engage perfectly allowing the engine to torque its way up to speed with authority. So glad I spent the money and not wait for the warranty to expire so that I can really enjoy the fantastic power the little engine puts out. Nice work GDE!

·
Registered
946 Posts
@Burgess159 can help you i think
Thanks RCD =)

Anyone on hear use SNS Performance. Supposedly been tuning 2.8l LWN since 16'
By SNS, do you mean Shield & Spear Performance? If so, then yes I have heard of them. I more or less went with them. Patrick Runge who is the owner, he gave me a lot of pointers and help when I was deleting my truck. He is out of Colorado, so I was unable to take my truck there and get it worked on. He was extremely helpful. He is partnered with and sells tunes from hACKman Customs (Jason Hackler). Jason is also extremely helpful and gave me a lot of advice when I deleted as well.

I bought my tunes directly from Jason, but I believe that was before he went to having them sold exclusively through SNS (I think, but I might be wrong, he may still sell them independently). I am extremely happy with my truck now. I did a lot of reading and research, listening to owners of different tuners before I went with Jason. Just liked how he would go out of his way to help others who didn't have his tune. And people with his tune seemed very pleased. I have been running it for 4,500 miles now (truck is at 51k miles total). I would most definitely recommend Jason and SNS Performance. You can find them on the 2 Facebook groups very easily, 2.8 LWN Owners or Diesel Colorado and Canyon 2.8 LWN Duramax.

Here's the link to the SNS page: https://www.snsperformance.store/?fbclid=IwAR1UcmcTZwu_cBLLBdlsQbwiOO8o1uWdVqo79dZPCY73vU5-kSf_XBxu6JM

If you have any other questions @MINIMAXXDEEZIL , send me a PM on here. Don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts