·
Registered
50 Posts
I think on their site at $749 for the tune
$250 for thetrans tune
$100 For the off-road option (delete)
$25 if you need a tire size adjustment
If it’s a 2017 and above 50 extra dollars
So around $1100 that includes the programming tool.
You also need a PC to download the files to the programming told

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah you’re right I forgot- but you can get everything except delete and install it and it runs better even with the standard exhaust, and add the delete later .

·
Registered
50 Posts
No they do not support Mac I’m also a Mac person so I bought a cheapie $80 laptop off of Amazon and it works fine a pain to use but works fine

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even without deleting the hot and transmission tunes make the truck perform 100% better than stock. I can't imagine anyone being unhappy after installing. Just my opinion FWIW.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just upgraded from the GDE hot tune to the offroad tune. I got tired of getting the NOx sensor codes. Instead of getting an aftermarket exhaust I just cut out the DPF and welded in a piece of 3 inch pipe. Wish I had done this to start with. No noticable difference in the exhaust sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay, I'm new to all of this. I have a 2018 ZR2 with 11k miles on it.

Placed an order for the GDE hot tune+tire size adjustment (recently put on one inch larger 265/70R17's). I did not get the Trans tune but plan to in the future.

Within minutes I got an email telling me to fill out the online questionnaire and requesting a scan of my registration, it said the tune device can't be sent until they get this info. I was at work and my registration was at home so It would have to wait till that evening.

A couple hours later (while I'm still at work) I get a UPS notification that a package has shipped from GDE.

That night I fill out the questionnaire and submit a scan of my registration, two days later the Auto-cal shows up in a box with the two cables. No instructions at all.

I found the instructions on GDE's google drive but when I tried to do the first step (Plug into the truck and "Click OK on the E98 screen") I get "File System Full!" error. The procedure mentions getting some error code is normal so I continued to follow the steps and plugged it into my computer that had EFI live installed.

When I clicked F3:Tune and then F8:Authorization then Synchronize.. An authorization seed was transferred from the Autocal to the computer with an Authorization code and a VIN but the Authorization date is from six months ago and the VIN is not at all the same as my trucks VIN.

Then I clicked on EFILive V8 Explorer and opened the "Tune" Folder and there are already two .ctz files in there from that same time-frame six months ago with some other guy's name on them. One file is 1.7Mb (T43) and the other is 3.2Mb (E98). Again, I did not purchase a trans tune.
It's Friday night so I assume GDE is closed till Monday.

Is any of this normal? Like I said. I'm a noob.
Thank you.
-Larry

·
Registered
90 Posts

Placed an order for the GDE hot tune+tire size adjustment (recently put on one inch larger 265/70R17's). I did not get the Trans tune but plan to in the future.

Within minutes I got an email telling me to fill out the online questionnaire and requesting a scan of my registration, it said the tune device can't be sent until they get this info. I was at work and my registration was at home so It would have to wait till that evening.

A couple hours later (while I'm still at work) I get a UPS notification that a package has shipped from GDE.

That night I fill out the questionnaire and submit a scan of my registration, two days later the Auto-cal shows up in a box with the two cables. No instructions at all.

I found the instructions on GDE's google drive but when I tried to do the first step (Plug into the truck and "Click OK on the E98 screen") I get "File System Full!" error. The procedure mentions getting some error code is normal so I continued to follow the steps and plugged it into my computer that had EFI live installed.

When I clicked F3:Tune and then F8:Authorization then Synchronize.. An authorization seed was transferred from the Autocal to the computer with an Authorization code and a VIN but the Authorization date is from six months ago and the VIN is not at all the same as my trucks VIN.

Then I clicked on EFILive V8 Explorer and opened the "Tune" Folder and there are already two .ctz files in there from that same time-frame six months ago with some other guy's name on them. One file is 1.7Mb (T43) and the other is 3.2Mb (E98). Again, I did not purchase a trans tune.

Thank you.
-Larry
Odd you got the other files. To my knowledge, the trans controller is not locked.
You MUST make sure key is on RUN position and not just accessory.
My auto cal didn’t want to load program into the truck and I ended up connecting autocal to my laptop (Connected to hotspot on my phone), and also to OBD port on the truck. Gave control to GDE engineer and they did all the file management.
Worked very well but took a little coordination. Excellent customer service.
Email for contact and then call and discuss. They WILL help.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Thank you.
-Larry

Larry,

Once the seed is transferred it will allow the autocal to talk to the ECM. After that you will pull the stock "E98" file from the ECM onto the autocal and send it to GDE whereupon they will return the tuned "E98" tuned file for your vehicle.

There are two different ways to get the file into the ECM.
The first is, you will delete the factory "E98" file from the autocal and then put your new "E98" onto the autocal hook it to the truck and follow the directions from there to install it.
The second method is you plug the autocal into the truck and then the USB cable from the autocal into your PC at the same time and you can transfer the file right through the autocal from the PC. Basically you're just using the autocal as an interface between the OBDII connector in the truck and the PC. GDE can and will walk you through either process

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Larry,

Once the seed is transferred it will allow the autocal to talk to the ECM. After that you will pull the stock "E98" file from the ECM onto the autocal and send it to GDE whereupon they will return the tuned "E98" tuned file for your vehicle.

There are two different ways to get the file into the ECM.
The first is, you will delete the factory "E98" file from the autocal and then put your new "E98" onto the autocal hook it to the truck and follow the directions from there to install it.
The second method is you plug the autocal into the truck and then the USB cable from the autocal into your PC at the same time and you can transfer the file right through the autocal from the PC. Basically you're just using the autocal as an interface between the OBDII connector in the truck and the PC. GDE can and will walk you through either process

Hope this helps
Thanks. I just couldn’t get past step 1 because someone else’s tuned files were on the autocal. I wrote GDE support and it looks like I got sent a used unit by mistake. They had me ship it back to them and they are sending me a new one next week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. I just couldn’t get past step 1 because someone else’s tuned files were on the autocal. I wrote GDE support and it looks like I got sent a used unit by mistake. They had me ship it back to them and they are sending me a new one next week.
Well it will be interesting to see if you get the tune because it seems the EPA is on them for providing tunes, only time will tell on this one. But, If you delete the tune that's on the autocal (you don't need it anyway because it's for another vehicle) you could pull the E98 from your vehicle and return the autocal to them with your factory tune on it. This way they can re-work the new tune and send you the new autocal with your new tune already installed on it. Just a thought

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well it will be interesting to see if you get the tune because it seems the EPA is on them for providing tunes, only time will tell on this one. But, If you delete the tune that's on the autocal (you don't need it anyway because it's for another vehicle) you could pull the E98 from your vehicle and return the autocal to them with your factory tune on it. This way they can re-work the new tune and send you the new autocal with your new tune already installed on it. Just a thought
Welll crap. I returned that autocal and they sent me a new one. It’s at my house, I’ve been away all week, I’ll get home this morning.
So I’m clear, This is how I understand the process. Let me know if I’m missing something or have extra steps.

1) attach autocal to truck, get some kind of “seed”.
2) Attatch autocal to computer, import seed to EFI Live, generate a code.
3) email code to GDE, wait for them to email back some kind of authorization seed.
4) Use EFI Live to put authorization seed on autocal tool.
5) connect autocal to truck, download stock E98 tune file.
6) email stock tune file to GDE, wait several days for them to adjust it and email it back to me.
7) Use EFI Live to put new tuned file on the autocal
8) connect autocal to truck to upload new tuned file.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welll crap. I returned that autocal and they sent me a new one. It’s at my house, I’ve been away all week, I’ll get home this morning.
So I’m clear, This is how I understand the process. Let me know if I’m missing something or have extra steps.

1) attach autocal to truck, get some kind of “seed”.
2) Attatch autocal to computer, import seed to EFI Live, generate a code.
3) email code to GDE, wait for them to email back some kind of authorization seed.
4) Use EFI Live to put authorization seed on autocal tool.
5) connect autocal to truck, download stock E98 tune file.
6) email stock tune file to GDE, wait several days for them to adjust it and email it back to me.
7) Use EFI Live to put new tuned file on the autocal
8) connect autocal to truck to upload new tuned file.

It's been quite a while, but, if memory serves me correctly I believe you can read the E98 and get it on the autocal but you can't write back to the ECM without the authorization code. But the steps you listed above are correct.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay so they did send me the tune file and I was able to get it installed without too much trouble. The truck is awesome, getting rid of the second and a half throttle delay alone was worth the price. When you press the pedal to the floor, it feels pretty much like the gas version (I drove a rented Z71 Colorado for three weeks on a recent business trip) I asked if I could also buy the transmission tune and they told me that “that ship had sailed”. Well, I’m glad I just got in under the wire.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay so they did send me the tune file and I was able to get it installed without too much trouble. The truck is awesome, getting rid of the second and a half throttle delay alone was worth the price. When you press the pedal to the floor, it feels pretty much like the gas version (I drove a rented Z71 Colorado for three weeks on a recent business trip) I asked if I could also buy the transmission tune and they told me that “that ship had sailed”. Well, I’m glad I just got in under the wire.
Man I am real happy for you that you made it in under the wire. The tune makes such a huge difference and it makes you want to drive the truck. also, it removes the stress while in an intersection wondering if when you go to jump into traffic "is it going to go when you want or not". Sorry to hear about the trans tune because it works just as well.

Good luck and enjoy!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts