Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denali CC short or long box. looking to downsize from a cc silverado so I am leaning short. How much smoother r could a 1” truck ride anyway.
whats your experience

·
Registered
333 Posts
I love my 36 Gallon tank, right around 1000 miles a fill up. As Clever said I prefer the long bed it looks better when the vehicle has a crew cab. Plus for me I couldn't fit my ladders in the short box.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
The short bed is short, I have one. I was buying used and bed length wasn't on the checklist, though maybe it should have been? Still, I got my Babymax and most of the options I wanted, so can't complain.

Reactions: bigoilbob

·
Registered
297 Posts
Denali CC short or long box. looking to downsize from a cc silverado so I am leaning short. How much smoother r could a 1” truck ride anyway.
whats your experience
IMO, SB looks better. But think of your duty. I tow a bed hitched Escape fiberglass rec trailer. I know of at least one guy who tows his with a short bed, but I would not want that ride. I went CCLB and never looked back. FYI, you can still do a Uey on a city street with a CCLB. Also FYI, as others ave written, the long bed isn't really long. But long enough to do what a Silverado 1500 short bed can do.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It all depends on your use cases. I have a CC LB Colorado with the miniMax. I bought it as a fuel-efficient hauler for my trials and dual-sport motorcycles or bicycle, tow vehicle for a flat bed trailer, and general work truck. I haul household garbage to the transfer station once or twice a month. A normal load would not fit in a short bed without a tarp (I have a bed cover for hauling garbage, covered loads are required by the county). With the long bed I can barely shut the tailgate on either a Yamaha e-MTB loaded straight in or my trials motorcycle loaded at an angle. My KTM 350 requires the tailgate down. Short bed is just too short to do the things I need a pickup truck to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts