Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
No idea what happened, but yeah they're completely gone off the internet now. There was always speculation that they were reselling someone else's tunes without permission, perhaps if that were true it finally caught up with them and they just took the money and ran. Not sure what else would explain a complete disappearance of a company with not so much as a peep out of them. Shady AF.

Hopefully nobody had pending orders with them and already paid because now that money is likely gone unless they can still request a chargeback from their bank or file a dispute with PayPal, depending on how they paid.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If they are doing tunes in the USA I have an idea what happened. Epa crackdown.
HD Diesel Supply was based in Canada, EPA has no jurisdiction there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Supposedly they’re back but now called Bigdaddydiesel.com. If you look at the advertising it’s worded almost exactly the same but they’ve got the same delete kit/tune for the 2.8 that HD used to sell. The wording is verbatim. Price is the same too. Just too many similarities to not look suspicious.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Go check them out and see for yourself. The tune I bought from HD is the exact same as far as the description goes including software (EFI Live). My buddy thinks that they could’ve also been bought out. It was known that they were selling Dodge tunes that they didn’t own themselves and closed up once the lawsuit hit. Regardless, if anyone is still looking to delete their Colorado/Canyon, this is the only tune this far with zero issues. Not too much power and no anomalies down the road. The only issue is installing the tune depending upon the year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go check them out and see for yourself. The tune I bought from HD is the exact same as far as the description goes including software (EFI Live). My buddy thinks that they could’ve also been bought out. It was known that they were selling Dodge tunes that they didn’t own themselves and closed up once the lawsuit hit. Regardless, if anyone is still looking to delete their Colorado/Canyon, this is the only tune this far with zero issues. Not too much power and no anomalies down the road. The only issue is installing the tune depending upon the year.
I did look and I didn’t really see any similarities. I had an hd tune it was the best, I loved it I really miss it. The issue I had was it didn’t activate the cold start when it got cold. The damn truck wouldn’t start when it got to cold. By the time I figure it out they already shut down. So I’m not back to stock🥺. I was questioning it because bd has a 60 horse tune and mine wasn’t that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is 60hp and it’s the HD tune. Cold start works fine but then again I live in TX 🤷🏻‍♂️ 60 isn’t bad or too high. There were tunes that offered 90+ hp and that gets into turbo burnout but 60 is still a safe spot. My buddy had done a lot of research after he deleted/tuned his dads ‘17 ZR2 and found that the same engine without the DEF system had 40hp more than how it comes from the factory in our trucks. Even the local diesel shop here in SA told me that the HD tune was the most popular and the safest because 60hp gain was very reasonable. All I know is that I gained 60hp & just over another 100lbs of torque and my truck runs just fine. I also know that they can modify the tune to perform certain tasks. My glow plug light only comes in when the flow plugs actually come on. That wasn’t advertised in HD’s description but BD shows it in theirs. I’d just email the company with any questions and let them know the issue your tune has. Regardless, 60hp isn’t a bad thing. I don’t hot-rod my truck so I’ve never pushed it to its limits since I’m not in the game of breaking stuff. I’ll live vicariously through WhistlinDiesel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, cause I said that you should email them. You have more details about what’s going on than I do. On their main psgd it says to contact them and they normally reply within 24 hrs according to reviews I’ve read.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts