Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Alabama to pick up a 2017 Colorado LT 2WD diesel with 17k miles. It was owned for around 10 months and was only in the shop for regular scheduled maintenance performed on time. I'll test drive it when I get there. If it all checks out, I'll be driving it home to Florida!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why 2 wheel drive? I love having the 4x4 just in case.....
I totally understand that. My wife has a Subaru Outback and the AWD is straight amazing! A little background on where I'm coming from... I've been driving VW diesel cars the past 7 years. This is my first time owning a truck and fuel economy was a huge driver for me selecting the diesel Colorado. The locking rear diff should get me out of most situations. I will mainly tow a trailer that is around 2500 lbs or load up the bed with gear. Also, the fact that I could get a truck that was only owned 10 months with 17k miles and a super clean carfax for $28k was a huge bonus. The original sticker price was $42.8k... I expected to be disappointed by the condition of the truck, but this thing was immaculate! I averaged 31.5 mpg driving 150 miles through the mountain back roads between north Alabama and north Georgia. What a great way to get to know my "new to me" truck!
20190830_200109.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is a good looking truck, the last 2 wheel drive truck I had was when I lived in Prattville, AL, and it was a 54 Chevy, with full on chrome grill and the corner windows.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! We are at my MIL's cabin in Blue Ridge, GA now. Her driveway is gravel and a steep grade. I was worried about parking with the cab facing down the hill, but the truck handled backing out like a champ! No slipping at all. Very impressed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I averaged 31.5 mpg on the 286 mile drive home from North Georgia. I ran into another Colorado Diesel owner in the parking lot of a Culver's on the way out. He was enthusiastic about his truck and was very pleased with the 30 mpg he got on his trip to North Georgia from Pensacola Florida. I'm really enjoying this truck so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live in Florida - I have a 2016 diesel Colorado 2WD. I really like this truck - sometimes I get the itch for something new but then I realize it is everything I want in a truck. I regularly get 33+ MPG on I4 from Tampa to Daytona. I never had a need for 4WD - if I lived in the Blue Ridge mountains then yeah, but not Florida. I hope it serves you well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Florida - I have a 2016 diesel Colorado 2WD. I really like this truck - sometimes I get the itch for something new but then I realize it is everything I want in a truck. I regularly get 33+ MPG on I4 from Tampa to Daytona. I never had a need for 4WD - if I lived in the Blue Ridge mountains then yeah, but not Florida. I hope it serves you well.
Thanks! Sounds like 90% of my driving. My folks live in Orlando, so it's just a matter of time before I'm cruising I4 in the Colorado

1 - 9 of 9 Posts