Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a new issue (likely two) crop up this week. My passenger headlight low beam, right front turn signal, and left amber light all stopped working. The passenger high beam works, both fog lights work, passenger side amber running light is working. The left turn signal is working, but the amber running light and side amber light is not. I’ve tried replacing the bulbs, no luck, checked fuses under the hood, and in the cab and can’t find a blown fuse. After looking through the owners manual, I couldn’t find the low beam fuse listed. The high beams are individually fused, but they aren’t blown, and removing them only cuts off the high beam light. So the lows aren’t on those circuits. I stopped at the local Chevy dealer to seek a little guidance, and set up an appointment. The service writer said the high beam fuse handled both high and low beams, but that is not the case.

Yesterday I also got a display that reads “service 4WD” I tried the 4WD and seems to be working ok, but the message has popped up several times.

I’m dropping the truck off Wednesday. But any ideas or suggestions welcome. I just had a starter circuit issue in May that took several trips to the dealer to get figured out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I dropped the truck at the dealer this morning, I noticed the left rear taillight was inoperable also.
After 3 hours diagnostic time, the tech found corrosion on a wire from the under hood fuse panel to a body control module. He also found a chaffed white wire that they weren’t sure what it fed, but suspected it was causing the “service 4WD” message on the dash display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts