Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I stumbled on this page looking for info on fifth wheel hitches for a Z71 Crew Cab C
thumbnail_20180120_133014.jpg
olorado (2015), gasser. I am looking to start snow birding in the next few years, and with it being just me and my Heelers, (Australian Cattle Dogs) I don't need a full size truck, or a huge trailer. I've been looking at different trailers, keeping the towing capacity in mind on my truck, and was showing a trailer I found to my 71 yr old mom, who said "Why are you looking at Bumper Pulls when you've pulled goosenecks for the last 30+ years?" (I used to be a rodeo competitor, and my kids competed in youth and high school rodeos so I pulled a gooseneck horse trailer with living quarters.) So anyway, I was looking for fifth wheel options that would work in a colorado with such a short box.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Book says #7000 Lbs., I would go as lite as possible. 19-23 foot trailer would probably be good enough. 5th wheel trailers are an "iffy" thing with a "short box" truck, but yes it can be done. YMMV Good luck! Mac.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts