Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious who has put the most miles on their Canyon / Colorado Diesel so far. Please post your miles so far and any problems you have had.

·
Registered
149 Posts
2017, 27K+ in 19 months of ownership w/no mechanical problems to date. I do have some odd film from dried condensation on the inside of the headlights that the dealer says is *normal* - I disagree because normal is 'clear/clean' but I lost that fight.

Edit: updated the mileage and adding that I still have random rough shifts at low speeds in gears 1-3 mainly stop-n-go traffic when accelerating, the trans just doesn't seem to know where it needs to be an then abruptly shifts, dealer is calling it 'normal'...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I should add my own, although not high miles. 9753 miles (80% interstate and 50% towing) and no problems that amounted to anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am curious who has put the most miles on their Canyon / Colorado Diesel so far. Please post your miles so far and any problems you have had.
22,000 miles and recently CEL and P24B0 trouble code. Driver's seat material pulling away from threads. Dealer said wait a little longer and closer to end of warranty and they will order new seat. My brother has 34,000 miles and seat was replaced at about 30,000 by dealer. Passenger side seat has a slight issue in the same spot. I thought these were leather seat covers, but appear to be vinyl. My 2008 Silverado with 135,000 miles had no leather seat issues. Heavy Duty has meaning.

With less then 5,000 miles it got stuck in 4WD. Drove around stopped, turned it off twice, and it fixed itself after 2nd drive around. Since new, something makes a squealing or scraping sound like a rock or stick in the break caliper. Dealership has checked it out and found no apparent problem. Said to drive it until it breaks. Right door speaker or more likely the door panel rattles with bass sounds. Dealership worked on it, but still rattles.

I forget now, but with just a few miles on it, the seat belt indicator or air bag light came on. The dealership found a loose connection and this stayed repaired.

The chime with no seat belt-on (connected) is pretty loud even with volume turned low. Around the farm (off-road) going slow and in and out of the truck, I got tired of the chime so if you don't like the chime when no seat belt is on, just look under the rear of each front seat from the back and find the seat belt connector on each seat. Push the little plastic retaining clip to release connector shell while pulling on it. It will come unplugged and you get no more chime from seat belts not used on driver or passenger side. We use the seat belts normally and need no reminder. Some folks might need the reminder from the chime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2016 CCSB 30300 miles 28.3 mpg use mileage app. Only issue tailight assembly had water in it replaced under warranty. MPG would be better but I love leaving everyone in the dust at stop light Trucks DIC shows 42 mpg for a 50 mile segment❗

·
Registered
149 Posts
I should add to my previous 19K+ report w/no major issues that my FM radio has the worst reception of anything I've ever had with little to no HD reception at all - it will be going into the dealer for inspection because it its intermittent but no apparent loose connections.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I should add to my previous 19K+ report w/no major issues that my FM radio has the worst reception of anything I've ever had with little to no HD reception at all - it will be going into the dealer for inspection because it its intermittent but no apparent loose connections.
What the heck! I didn’t get HD radio on mine. I have the Bose and Sirius and even weather on mine but my terrestrial radio is normal FM no HD capability.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What the heck! I didn’t get HD radio on mine. I have the Bose and Sirius and even weather on mine but my terrestrial radio is normal FM no HD capability.
And I could be totally wrong on the HD part! At first I didn't think it had it, and then somewhere I read it was, but it has never once said it was receiving an HD signal (but that's where I thought the station artist information was coming from).

PS - just did a search on the owners manual for 'HD Radio' and nothing.... but my FM is still crappy :)

PSx2- in further checking GM has pretty much dumped HD - hence the push for XM subscription services for which they make money and also why my radio randomly tells me I have limited On-Star functionality (please buy more of that too) :( I may be looking at ripping this baby out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Before I bought my zr2.... I was constantly talking to every Colorado owner I could find especially diesel owners. And one day in late February I chased a zr2 owner down on the highway, no joke he had a 17 diesel that had 140k. He said he loved it and had no major issues to report.

·
Registered
16 Posts
900 mi. serpentine belt replaced, 22,500 AC compressor replaced, AC condenser replaced, no other problems. Had to take to a GMC dealer as the chevy dealer was unable to diagnose AC problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Before I bought my zr2.... I was constantly talking to every Colorado owner I could find especially diesel owners. And one day in late February I chased a zr2 owner down on the highway, no joke he had a 17 diesel that had 140k. He said he loved it and had no major issues to report.
Really? That's a flip ton of miles on a '17...

·
Registered
3 Posts
24k. Lots of repeat problems with the DEF pump. My stereo sucks on cold mornings (FM and AM get no reception) until I have been in the truck for 15 mins. My AC is intermittent on hot days in stop and go traffic. Love the fuel economy- Hate the little issues that keep popping up. Dealer wont fix intermittent problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 gmc canyon- Bought May of 2017. Today I have 35,000 or so and the fuel filters just dinged that they need to be replaced. All I've done is rotate and oil changes so far. I also put a cold air intake on it that probably needs to get cleaned soon...

Avg mpg is 24.5. I do decent highway but most of it is "city" highway where you're trying to get around traffic and not just smooth cruise control.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts