Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
65,XXX kms. 3 years, 1 issue when it was new it had a leaf spring squeak. Easily fixed with some lube to the leaf pack alignment keepers, the strap that wraps the first few leafs together. They have a hard plastic piece that makes a noticeable noise as the springs flex and scrape the hard plastic.
Other than that , not 1 issue. Going into 3rd winter so going to get some Michelin Defender LTX tires.

·
Registered
2016 cclb 2.8 d max.
2 Posts
I'm just over 204000. Have not had any major issues. Truck was dealer maintained for 175,000. Now I do it all.
Truck was (now retired) a daily driver 170 miles a day all highway miles. Had some nox sensor issue but just needed a new one. And one headlamp socket on passenger side that got cooked but warranty covered.
Routine maintenance
Oil changed every 5 to 6k
1 radiator flush
2 transmission services 75k, 150k
2 transfer case and diff services 75k 150k
1 set of ball joints and tie rods 150k
2 sets of tires on 3rd set now
1 set of brake pads
I think that's all.
Now the truck is retired and is my overland / off road build.

This has been a fantastic Truck I have no desire to sell or trade and plan on it being a major build project.

Now at 200k I wonder if I should change out injectors?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm just over 204000. Have not had any major issues. Truck was dealer maintained for 175,000. Now I do it all.
Truck was (now retired) a daily driver 170 miles a day all highway miles. Had some nox sensor issue but just needed a new one. And one headlamp socket on passenger side that got cooked but warranty covered.
Routine maintenance
Oil changed every 5 to 6k
1 radiator flush
2 transmission services 75k, 150k
2 transfer case and diff services 75k 150k
1 set of ball joints and tie rods 150k
2 sets of tires on 3rd set now
1 set of brake pads
I think that's all.
Now the truck is retired and is my overland / off road build.

This has been a fantastic Truck I have no desire to sell or trade and plan on it being a major build project.

Now at 200k I wonder if I should change out injectors?
Fantastic information

Did you tow with your truck
Did you use any fuel additives

Rob

·
Registered
27 Posts
253000kms/ 158000 miles on mine and no problems.
  • Had the timing belt done at 240000,
  • I switched the transmission fluid and differentials to Amsoil. Also flushed coolant.
  • replaced front ball joints and tie rods.

I've heard of people having plugged egr valves on these but I've never had a problem. In fact I've never even checked the throttle body or egr. I've used stp diesel system cleaner and I also put in cetane booster so the diesel burns better.
I also took off the stupid beauty cover.

201 - 207 of 207 Posts