Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Just turned 240,000 and water pump is leaking. Trying to find a YouTube on how to replace it. Anyone got any ideas. Bought this new 2016 and never had it back to the dealer. Completed services myself. Changed tranny fluid and filter front and rear 3 member lubes. Tranny was shifting hard till I replaced fluids and filter at 100,000 and fixed the hard shifting. Replaced again at 200,000 and still pulling strong. Put on a few sets of brakes. I haul a 27 foot boat.
240k miles? Holy crap. Think you are the highest mileage truck I’ve heard of. My 2017 has 89k. Was stock until 45k then did a delete tune and also changed trans fluid and filter myself. Never had any issues to speak of before or after the tune. Hoping to make it as far as you have or farther with the same outcome.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You replaced the DPF? My buddy has a 6.0L with maybe 17oooo and he said they wanted 8k to replace it. Can you tell me the cost plz.
8K to replace a DPF is insane. It can be cleaned, tell him to have it removed, ship it to a place like this and they will cut it open, clean it and re-weld it. These guys are local to me and well regarded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m up to 84,000 on my 2017. Had the torque converter replaced under warranty and that has been the biggest issue. It’s starting to exhibit symptoms of shudder again though.

Current issue is a Low Voltage at PCM cel. Haven’t tracked that one down yet, but suspect it could be a weak battery. Still investigating.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll be retiring my Colorado from it's high mileage use. Promotion at work with a company truck. I'm worried my truck might reject it's new life style of sitting at home.

This has been one of my best investments in 3.5 years I have managed 180000 miles out of this truck. And I have hit a deer which did about 5 grand of damage to the front of the truck. It was to new at that time for them to use after market parts and I got lucky the dealership was the only body shop around to do the work. I have done 2 transmission services 1 flush at 65000 miles while still under warranty. Second fluid change of 6 qt. No filter change. This time I will change the filter. I want to do the third one soon. On my third set of tires. Countless oil changes. About a 6 fuel filter changes. 1 set of upper control arms 2 outer tie rod ends. One set of stock brakes pads and rotors. Replaced timing belt and serpentine belt. I thought and was planning to get 350000+/- miles out of this in 7 years. I still have my last two Chevy 1500 an 04 with 350000 and an 03 with 250000. Both were bought used with low mileage tagged and running. Hoping this will be around for 16 years. Guess I'll have to drop out of this high mileage race.. now what to do with the Colorado 🤔. Guess it's time to go do some overland camping and trail rides. BUILD TIME

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine is also ripping at the seam. Gonna get some high quality seat covers this time not that auto zone junk

·
Registered
4 Posts
2017, 27K+ in 19 months of ownership w/no mechanical problems to date. I do have some odd film from dried condensation on the inside of the headlights that the dealer says is normal - I disagree because normal is 'clear/clean' but I lost that fight.

Edit: updated the mileage and adding that I still have random rough shifts at low speeds in gears 1-3 mainly stop-n-go traffic when accelerating, the trans just doesn't seem to know where it needs to be an then abruptly shifts, dealer is calling it 'normal'...
bp, I’ve been having the same problem. It shutters around 3rd gear. I have it at the dealer right now. My mechanic was able to replicate it now almost at will after driving it a week. He has since called GM and they have him changing the valve body in the Transmission.. under warranty. It took him literally driving it a week to get it to replicate and the computer to show what it was doing. Now he continues to drive it to collect the transmission data to send to Chevy. He said he thought it might be like the problem the 8speeds had but he’s never seen this problem in this truck before.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've officially retired the Colorado today. Mileage is 181490. A shame it is going to sit now it was such a pleasure to drive especially with it tuned. Now I've gotta drive a 🤬💩 Ford f 150. But hey it's free right.. so I parked it. Now what to do since I won't be driving it
1592424183455276360055240840090.jpg

121 - 129 of 129 Posts