Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else noticed that significant plastic air hose constriction by means of a pinch right before entering the intake manifold on the engine? This is way past the turbocharger section. Follow the air hose after it leaves the turbocharger and goes back to the radiator for cooling. From the radiator the hose goes back to the engine (this is where this constricting pinch can be found). Soon after the air finally finds its way into the intake valves. Looks like the engineers were caught by surprise trying to stay clear of that plastic box right by it (not sure what's in that box as I could not figure out how to open it).

Still a great engine :) but sad for the extra boost drop due to the significant constriction so close to the intake valves. I wounder if the earlier Colorado diesel models (2016s) don't have what I just talked about?

I figure I mention this just to put it out there for observation sake.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
i know what you're talking about. I plan on doing after market intercooler tubes just because I have heard of stock ones splitting after tuning (higher boost) and also for bling factor and adding boost gauge

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replaced all stock tubing this weekend with the profab tubes and fabricated a temporary 2 piece custom tube for the cold side to replace the rubber tube that has been known to bust. I plan to manufacture a one piece solution once I get enough interest from forum members to cover design/manufacturing costs.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts