Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably 6 months ago I noticed what felt like a crack in my hot side intercooler pipe hose what ever you want to call it.
i figured it must be the way it’s made. No hole in the hose just what felt like a soft spot about 2 inches long.

well I decided to order one and here is what I found.

Liquid Fluid Gas Wood Water

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Rim
Liquid Fluid Gas Wood Water
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Rim

· Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggest running your hand around the hose and feel for spots that are soft.
On mine the outside of the hose was wet with oil. But no sign of any holes or damage.
I noticed a soft spot when gently squeezing the hose with my fingers. I figured it must be ready to blow out so I ordered a new one.
And glad I did…..

· Registered
283 Posts
Similar here. The replacement OEM hose has a black rubber surface inside, while the original hose was orange as shown in the photos. Hopefully black is > orange. The replacement hose has been on my '17 for over a year and it is doing fine. I was a slacker in replacing my Provent's element and the hose had some oil in it.

· Registered
2 Posts
It’s a GM OEM part but I got it from RockAuto. They have both OEM and your choice of knock offs.. for most parts.
And fast shipping too.
I ordered from RockAuto, and installed it this morning. The hose I removed (original with about 95K miles) was coated in oil and the inside, redish, liner had a crack that ran the entire length of the hose. There was no visible crack on the outside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts