Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a deleted zr2, im looking to see if the tune can be made more safe. if not im wondering if i can get a turbo revision for the dt44. please help! im worried that ill have to buy another 15k dollar motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Put it back to stock and/or suck it up. Why are you asking us instead of your tuner? Dealers will be capable of detecting whether the truck were tuned re: warranty coverage.
You should know these things. Smells a bit troll.

·
Registered
2017 colorado z71 modified
70 Posts
What do you mean more safe? Why is it scaring you? Who's the tuner? Do they offer different levels of tune? These motors are going between 6k and 8k so you don't have to drop 15k at a dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put it back to stock and/or suck it up. Why are you asking us instead of your tuner? Dealers will be capable of detecting whether the truck were tuned re: warranty coverage.
You should know these things. Smells a bit troll.
i appreciate the useless disrespect, it was really helpful.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the tune is a one size fits all kind of deal. only reason i dont want the added power is because of the fact that ive blown a motor before. i rather not face that bill twice in my life.
Never heard of that type tune for the twin duramax usually you'd select from a range of 25hp to 90hp tunes and those tunes delete the emissions and also add a tune for the Transmission.
If you have an autocal v3 or similar device which you will if you have a tune, the autocal will save the original stock tune file and re write it. You can go back to the stock tune.
Unless you tell us who tuned it for example gde or great white north diesel etc, we really can't help you any.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If your already deleted you are going to have problems going back to stock if you don't have the old emissions stuff that was removed to put back on.
If you do have all the old exhaust emissions parts you could get another ecu and have the dealership put a stock tune in.
After it's tuned and deleted I'm pretty sure that's the only way to go back to a factory tune.

It's hard to say, most people with the delete are happy with it or they don't say anything otherwise.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd contact efilive and ask if there is some way to find who tuned it, or order the stock tune from one of the companies I've mentioned.
Is your truck "deleted" ?
IF so you cannot put the factory tune back in the truck it will throw all kinds of CELs and will render the truck useless.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sooo...did you buy a deleted truck with a blown motor? Or did you just buy it used, already deleted, and the motor blew after you bought it? Trying to figure out the history here and how you ended up with such a truck, one blown motor, and no idea who did the tune. Hard to give advice when the whole story isn't being given.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Total troll guys. Look at the join date and the topic itself. If he is not a troll, then that level cluelessness deserves no love. Not one bit of this makes sense and just seems like a troll.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts