Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't understand the def/dpf system in my 19 Colorado duramax. In other equipment/older trucks I always would receive a light on dash and you could hear the exhaust screaming when going into regen but in my 19 I have only ever noticed it doing regen well at idle. When it regens its after about 15 minutes of idleing for 2 or 3 3 second burps...never noticed it well driving..just wanted to make sure its normal because reading people's threads it makes me question.. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I don't understand the def/dpf system in my 19 Colorado duramax. In other equipment/older trucks I always would receive a light on dash and you could hear the exhaust screaming when going into regen but in my 19 I have only ever noticed it doing regen well at idle. When it regens its after about 15 minutes of idleing for 2 or 3 3 second burps...never noticed it well driving..just wanted to make sure its normal because reading people's threads it makes me question.. thanks
The DEF and DPF Regen are separate systems. The DPF begins a regen when the differential pressure reaches a threshold and the computer begins the regen by increasing the fuel flow to burn off the particulate until the pressure in the filter reduces to the required amount. As you have noticed there is no dash indication, only ways to tell that I know of are an OBD monitor and/or I have noticed MPG decrease and a burning smell as it heats up. I do a fair amount of highway driving and mine seems to regen about once a tank 400-500 miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts