Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in Missouri near St. Louis, it doesn’t seem quite as bad (yet) as other states. Schools are closing for spring break, although others are starting to close until the middle of April. No groups of people over 250 people are allowed to congregate together. Some business are taking measures themselves and closing their dining areas but still doing carry-out. Fish fry’s at churches are cancelling. We still had service in person today at our church but we do also stream the service. Our CrossFit gym is considering closing down too. Think my wife and I might both lose our minds if both church and CrossFit get cancelled; gets us out, gives us something to do and a lot of our friends are at both.

For work, we haven’t closed and I hope we don’t. I don’t want to be suck indoors for that long. And we need the income. I work in agriculture and it’s going to be our busy season as soon as it quits raining. Assuming the Mississippi and Missouri rivers don’t flood again :( Theyve also cancelled all of my kids 4H meetings and activities until the middle of May and they’ve also cancelled my wife’s drill for the National Guard for this month and next.

Ive heard Ohio and Illinois have closed all dine in restaurants and bars, and one mayor of a city even banned alcohol and gun sales??? How does that pertain to the situation? More like a power grab in a moment of instability...

How about you?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Seems to me the economic impact is way worse than the damn disease. Fortunate to have about 2 months worth of TP as I shop at Costco and had bought a normal Costco sized load about 1 month ago. With proper rationing, we should be able to ride this out, but I do live in a house filled with women. Those strange creatures need a lot of facial tissue and TP. As a man, I don't understand it :D

All kidding aside, I want to extend my heartfelt hope that this is over sooner than later, and that we all remain healthy. Take care everyone, be prudent and careful out there, but don't stop living. Help those around you who need it, if you can. If they are elderly, go shopping for them, pick up their prescriptions, stuff like that.

·
Registered
577 Posts
It have became a post-apocalyptic wasteland here in California. TP are the new currency. I have begin to defecate on my neighbors lawn and use his water hose as a bidet. My neighborhood have form a raiding group and armed ourselves with kids bow&arrows. We are raiding the adjacent neighborhoods and slaughtering theirs dogs and cats to feed our colony. But we still obey the emission law, and have now installed egr valves and def system in our lawnmowers....

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It have became a post-apocalyptic wasteland here in California. TP are the new currency. I have begin to defecate on my neighbors lawn and use his water hose as a bidet. My neighborhood have form a raiding group and armed ourselves with kids bow&arrows. We are raiding the adjacent neighborhoods and slaughtering theirs dogs and cats to feed our colony. But we still obey the emission law, and have now installed egr valves and def system in our lawnmowers....
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
98 Posts
A dirt bike riding friend of mine is doing the social distancing thing right. Out riding the desert, just him, his bike and a small well stocked travel trailer. His beer choice needs serious work though, I suppose it is due to budget cuts :LOL:

Have ridden with him a few times, very capable rider, but also a very quirky dude. He rides alone mostly. Told him they may find his desiccated skeleton out there someday, he said that would not be a bad way to go. Pretty much needless to say, he is single. He is a retired audiologist from WY, money does not seem to be a concern. His life has not changed much, he is seemingly always on a dirt bike, adventure bike or snowmobile...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I was always on a bike till I couldn't ride anymore. Used to just take off and ride all day alone. Did the same with cars, just hop in and drive till I felt like coming back. Good times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts