Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motor Trend is reporting 23.2/31.4/26.3 (mpg city/highway/combined) when they tested the Colorado Diesel.

I'm curious what everyone else is getting.

Post your numbers in here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Motor Trend is reporting 23.2/31.4/26.3 (mpg city/highway/combined) when they tested the Colorado Diesel.

none, yet it is still very efficient at this time costs very little to operate so far

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have the Z71 4x4 short bed diesel since mid January. I just returned from a near 1800 mile road trip towing a 2 ton travel trailer... averaged 16.0 mpg. Running around town 25.5 mpg. Don't really use it unloaded on the freeway, so not sure on Highway miles... love this truck, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Left home in SW Wisconsin with 1600 miles on the odometer on 3/14/16. Best average over 450 miles was 27.6 mpg up to that point. Just returned from a 5800 mile trip through Arizona and Utah towing a 3000 lb camper. Average for the entire trip is 22.6 mpg. And that's a 4X4. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
While driving 25-50 MPH I am seeing city at 30-45.
On the Highway 35MPG on level ground, but my average is pretty low due to a lot of traffic driving.
I live in Los Angeles.
Even still it is at 23 I have over 9000 miles. I did a 2200 mile cross country trip north on the I5 LA to a little past Portland.

Though, when I hit the 800 mile range I had a whole day where the MPG's went down 20 MPG's.
I have had this happen to me 2 or 3 times.

Is this a side effect of DEF and regening?

·
Registered
84 Posts

First tank was 31.7, second tank- 26.7, instant info display shows steady 35 at 75 (all figures Miles per hour and miles per gallon)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Damn I must be hard on the accelerator. After 2100 I'm at 23mpg. Combo of driving in DC and highway best 50 miles is 32.5mpg.

·
Registered
70 Posts
At a consistant 34 mph I get in the 40's MPG... I have noticed that the truck does really well when at sustained city speeds.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just took another trip to Ohio and got 28.1 on the way there running 75 with the windows down and got 27.3 on the way back running 72 with the AC on for less than half the way back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All of my mileage is based on miles and the gas pump, not the vehicle computer...

1827 miles at last fillup and I'm averaging 23 Mpg per tank. Highest is 24.2, lowest is 21.7. All with ULSD... Front air dam removed, Thule XPorter racks flying in the wind as well. Lots of city driving, I'm not "gentle" on the throttle and it's been near 100 degrees regularly here.

It's running about what I'm expecting, will continue to post as it changes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just picked up my ccsb with the all terrain package on 8/6/16. It now has around 700 miles on it and for my first tank I averaged 22.4 which I expected since it was about 95% city driving and idling showing it off and etc. This morning though I drive about 20 miles of highway one way for my commute and my instant was reading only 17-19 with cruise set at 75, rpms right under 2k and no grade. This was for the first about 18 miles, and for the final 2 miles it went up to 30+ and it did the same on my way home, crappy milage at first then improved. I really hope my milage improves or the instant is reading way under.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My truck has about 1800 miles on it and the lifetime mileage shows 25. But I've towed my 23' center console a couple of times and a few other trailers.

According to the DIC, I get 30-32 mpg on the interstate at 72-74 mph. I live in mostly flat terrain.

On a tank of mixed city and some highway driving I'm getting mid to high 20s.

1 - 20 of 335 Posts