Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

281 - 300 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I haven't went and hand figured mine yet, but I do know it is better now after I deleted. Using a fuel additive I believe has gained me maybe 1 mpg also. Summer fuel has made a big difference I've noticed. The average on the truck went from just under 29 up to 32. I imagine if we did only highway driving on a trip, like say when we go to see family in Ohio, it would probably get higher than that. The instant mpg's will sit around 37 if you cruise at 70 mph on flat ground. I've noticed this on multiple occasions now. I don't believe the truck would truly average that much, but I would like to think that on the highway, I would get 32-34 mpg's now for a whole tank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't went and hand figured mine yet, but I do know it is better now after I deleted. Using a fuel additive I believe has gained me maybe 1 mpg also. Summer fuel has made a big difference I've noticed. The average on the truck went from just under 29 up to 32. I imagine if we did only highway driving on a trip, like say when we go to see family in Ohio, it would probably get higher than that. The instant mpg's will sit around 37 if you cruise at 70 mph on flat ground. I've noticed this on multiple occasions now. I don't believe the truck would truly average that much, but I would like to think that on the highway, I would get 32-34 mpg's now for a whole tank.
is your truck two wheel drive

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have not noticed any difference yet in Summer fuel and better gas mileage. I have noticed that gas in general is increasing in price, went from $3.24 at Sam's Club a month ago to $3.75 at Costco now. That is a big jump, and the Temecula Costco and Sam's have been pretty similar in pricing.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
is your truck two wheel drive
Negative: 2017 GMC Canyon All-Terrain 4x4. It does have a Leer 100XR cab height shell on it. But again, I credit my mpg gains to the fuel additive, but more so to the engine and transmission tunes and the exhaust delete.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have not noticed any difference yet in Summer fuel and better gas mileage. I have noticed that gas in general is increasing in price, went from $3.24 at Sam's Club a month ago to $3.75 at Costco now. That is a big jump, and the Temecula Costco and Sam's have been pretty similar in pricing.
I noticed it here about a month ago now. Like I said, it had been sitting around 29 mpg's on the screen that you can view your last 25, 50 or 450 mile range on. Been that way all winter. Then once we got summer fuel, it started going up. Now sitting around 31-32

·
Registered
11 Posts
About 2200 miles on the truck now. Straight interstate with cruise on 73 mph, 27.9 mpg for the whole tank. Around town and back and forth to work 24.3 mpg and mixed open highway and everyday driving it sits at 26.4 mpg this morning. Diesel is $2.71 this morning regular gas is $2.76. I'm really happy with these numbers, my full size truck with the 5.3 v8 was an honest 8-9 mpg worse. I'm really liking this little Duramax.

·
Registered
66 Posts
About 2200 miles on the truck now. Straight interstate with cruise on 73 mph, 27.9 mpg for the whole tank. Around town and back and forth to work 24.3 mpg and mixed open highway and everyday driving it sits at 26.4 mpg this morning. Diesel is $2.71 this morning regular gas is $2.76. I'm really happy with these numbers, my full size truck with the 5.3 v8 was an honest 8-9 mpg worse. I'm really liking this little Duramax.
Your numbers are pretty close to mine for on the freeway, and mixed driving. I wish our gas prices were as good as yours, mine are at least a buck higher.

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
For my 2018 colorado diesel, I've tracked mileage/fuel since day 1 with a nice little app (Fuelio). I'm at 22989 miles at last fill up. Average fuel economy over that time 24.825 mpg (highway and city). Lowest 20.05, Highest 29.07. Mileage really varies a lot between fill-ups, but I'm up and down a lot of big hills between Utah and Wyoming. I just added a 2" level kit and one size bigger tires, and haven't noticed much for mileage change. I've been more than happy with the performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. this is my first post just purchased 2016 Colorado Z71 4x4 2.8 Diesel . 45 k miles ,stock. Seems I’m getting lower then normal Mpg , city I’m getting 18-20 mpg and Highway Got 26mpg , could it be these 265/70 Falken tires ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I get my best gas mileage driving 70 to 74 mph. I think it drops of significantly much higher than 75. Next time you fill up, fill up and then drive right away on the freeway, and see if you can get close to 30 mpg.....If I fill up and drive around town all day, I am usually stuck at 24 mpg for awhile......

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get my best gas mileage driving 70 to 74 mph. I think it drops of significantly much higher than 75. Next time you fill up, fill up and then drive right away on the freeway, and see if you can get close to 30 mpg.....If I fill up and drive around town all day, I am usually stuck at 24 mpg for awhile......
Ok cool thank you 100yr. I will report what I get, also I just realized my z71 4x4 has a 1” factory lift and some pretty knobby tires that’s probably making a difference and why I’m getting 20 mpg city.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ok cool thank you 100yr. I will report what I get, also I just realized my z71 4x4 has a 1” factory lift and some pretty knobby tires that’s probably making a difference and why I’m getting 20 mpg city.
Stock tires etc 2016 Canyon SLT 4WD
From pump receipts. Drivers Information Screen is not correct, sometimes it’s close but not accurate.
51,940 mi 1859 gallons 27.9 mpg owned 38 months.
Have been adding Stanadyne Performance Formula at almost every fill up. Have not received any notice about regent in 3 years. Used to get keep driving messages etc when new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've owned my 2018 Colorado Z71 CCSB 4x4 for a few weeks now. It had about 7,500 miles when I purchased it. Last week I drove it round trip from Colorado Springs to Dillon, CO (through the Eisenhower Tunnel, which is about 11,000'). Got 29.5 mpg. Very happy. That's certainly not the optimal highway miles route.

Next week we're towing our 4,000 lb. travel trailer to the Black Hills. I'm eager to see what kind of mileage I'll get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m averaging 19 mpg after 5K miles. Half of that has been towing a 3K lbs camping trailer into the mountains of WV, NC and Tenn. Tows like a dream. I live in Tampa.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got 28 mpg driving on the 10 Freeway, the flow of traffic was about 90 mph, last time I got way better going slower.....

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Just turned 57,000 miles and getting 19 mpg mostly city calculated at the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hand cal. every tank. It’s come relatively close to the dash reading but has varied 1.5-2 mpg. I attribute that to inconsistency in fill ups. Anyway. I’d say mine is 21 in town and 26 hi way while going 74 mph. It’s a 2018 4x4 dclb w 28k miles.

281 - 300 of 337 Posts