Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

321 - 337 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
After 36,000 on 2017 Z71 4wd long bed I get around 23 in city driving, 28-30 on highway trips at 77-78 mph and towing a travel trailer at 60-65
weighing around 5,000 lbs I get around 15 mpg.

·
Registered
101 Posts
After 36,000 on 2017 Z71 4wd long bed I get around 23 in city driving, 28-30 on highway trips at 77-78 mph and towing a travel trailer at 60-65
weighing around 5,000 lbs I get around 15 mpg.
I've only had mine for a month or so and I'm getting about what you are getting. 2017 Z71 Longbed now with 19,000 miles. I seem to get way worse MPH on cruise control on the highway. Traveling flat at 65 with the cruise control I get about 30ish. At 75ish I'll get about 28 with cruise control. I've clocked 42 at 60-65 with my foot over a 25 mile stretch and 37 over a 50 mile stretch. When I'm not using cruise control I am anticipating hills so speeding up a few MPH and not worried if I drop a few before cresting a hill, I assume this is the reason for the disparity when using cruise control. I've only done one tow test and I only got 12.5 towing about 5500# at 65MPH. Slightly better on slower roads at 50-55, I was a little disappointed with the towing mileage but then again, I have not tried towing without cruise control. Maybe I'll get a little better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2016 Canyon 4x4 diesel has 49689 miles on it. This truck is a 4 door long bed with a cap on the bed.. Overall average is 26.23. In town only, I get 22.2. On the highway from Binghamton, NY to Tampa, Florida I have earned as high as 34.2. I get well over 30 on my 7 Florida road trips. It is an awesome truck with zero problems. I have been blessed with this truck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 2016 Canyon 4x4 diesel has 49689 miles on it. This truck is a 4 door long bed with a cap on the bed.. Overall average is 26.23. In town only, I get 22.2. On the highway from Binghamton, NY to Tampa, Florida I have earned as high as 34.2. I get well over 30 on my 7 Florida road trips. It is an awesome truck with zero problems. I have been blessed with this truck.
I'd be happy with that!

Being from NY I'm sure you, like I do from NJ, take 95 to Florida. I'm planning to head down to FL this summer. Curious, what speeds are you averaging on the highway? Also, are you using cruise control or just your foot? I have a retractable hard tonneau cove on mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd be happy with that!

Being from NY I'm sure you, like I do from NJ, take 95 to Florida. I'm planning to head down to FL this summer. Curious, what speeds are you averaging on the highway? Also, are you using cruise control or just your foot? I have a retractable hard tonneau cove on mine.
I drive 10% over the speed limit. I take 81 to 77 to 85 to 75. I stop at my daughtets house 1/2 way there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I'm from maryland and I commute from around Middletown del. To Baltimore across Bay bridge. Travel 70 - 75 mph avg 28.4 mpg. About 160 miles per day round trip

·
Registered
38 Posts

So I'm from maryland and I commute from around Middletown del. To Baltimore across Bay bridge. Travel 70 - 75 mph avg 28.4 mpg. About 160 miles per day round trip
snapped this pic after i got to work last pm. about 33 miles each way mix of secondary and highway. i keep it near speed limit and tend to drive conservatively overall. love the mpg, and so far, its been very dependable

·
Registered
20 Posts
Checking in at 47.5k mi. Lifetime is 25.7 mpg. I've had a camper shell on since taking delivery. I use cruise a lot. Sometimes up to speed limit x 1.1 as conditions permit. Towed light trailers a dozen times or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Motor Trend is reporting 23.2/31.4/26.3 (mpg city/highway/combined) when they tested the Colorado Diesel.

I'm curious what everyone else is getting.

Post your numbers in here!
I roll down the road at 10% above the legal limit. Between 71 and 77 mph. I average between 30 and 34 mpg. Awesome truck and I am very blessed. It has 48700 miles on it now. In town I get 22. Overall 26.2. It is a super fine 4x4 crew cab, long box, cap on box, truck. It is comfortable. It is a GMC Canyon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m 9” higher and 12” wider than stock and no front air dam, tuned sport/eco map.

I average 20mpg city/highway if I’m in a rush.

I average 25-28mpg city/Highway if I drive the speed limit.

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Mine has been parked for days. This crap is getting old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Motor Trend is reporting 23.2/31.4/26.3 (mpg city/highway/combined) when they tested the Colorado Diesel.

I'm curious what everyone else is getting.

Post your numbers in here!
on the highway i get as much as 32 mpg. apparently diesel cars as well as trucks get better mileage than govt test show. pulling a open 3 rail motorcycle trailer it does 25mpg. a single axel 13ft enclosed trailer it does 18 mpg a larger 16' enclosed 102" width; it does 15 mpg. interesting enought in the mountains of the northern states instead of 15 mpg on an larger enclosed trailer it got over 18 mpg.i think the reason is the 2.8 has so much torque it climbs the mountain usually without downshifting and once over the mountain it kind of coast down with little to no engine effort.THIS is the reason i am figuring it does better in the mountains that on flat and level highway.its really a wonderful little diesel

·
Super Moderator
420 Posts
Went on a 500 mile round trip. Took the back roads home. This 31.6 mpg over 50 miles was not the best. I was making 32.2 mpg for a stretch. That 34.7 was from the previous owner. No air dam, no block off panels, stock height with 265 65 17's Trail Boss package. Hankook Dynapro AT2's

Attachments

321 - 337 of 337 Posts