Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A-I wanted better gas mileage from a truck.
B-I wanted a better truck to tow with.
C-I like the look.
D-Other

·
Registered
983 Posts
A and B:

Wanted something that would get better fuel economy than a half ton gas truck, but could also still tow a utility trailer easily.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A and D

Diesels are just cool ! I love my 6.6 so why not get the smaller one that’s more everyday friendly. (Can’t wait to tune this little guy)

·
Registered
4 Posts
A&B. Living on and operating a boat with multiple diesel engines over 20 years may have something to do with it....Or driving a Tractor Trailer OTR for the previous 2 years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A & D - I wanted the best fuel efficiency in a body-on-frame 4x4 (with transfer case). Mainly a luxury for off pavement overlanding and high mileage family road trips, turbo goodness at high altitudes (where normally aspirated engines wheeze in thin air), the utterly composed feeling of a torquey low rev engine, and ideally a very long ownership experience hopefully backed up by super resale value (but I don’t anticipate ever selling). And I was not hung up on whether mileage translated into dollar savings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A and B
I drive the Alaska hiway every year, with a 600 lb. pop up camper in the back of the truck.
After many years doing this drive in a Tacoma, the last 2 have been in a 2017 crew cab, Colorado. The diesel torque is so much better, and I make 1/3 less fuel stops vs. the Tacoma. Love the truck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
A and B and D. Other being a vehicle that has off-road capabilities. It is not an FJ, but with A and B in the mix, it is a pretty sweet FJ replacement for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, it seems like nobody is thrilled with the look of the truck? I liked the look of my Pro4X Frontier better, but at 15 mpg, I can overlook the boring exterior of the Colorado to get over 25 mpg.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Too funny. I love the look of the Colorado. Although I think the lean, chiseled side appearance of a new Taco is a bit more appealing than Chevy's slab sides. But you didn't ask why I bought a Colorado over another pickup model. You asked why I chose the diesel. Actually, you asked why I chose the Diesel.
Looks are important. But if the best answer to my needs (best fuel efficiency on a mid-to-large body-on-frame 4x4 with a transfer case) turned out to be a hippopotamus (Infinity QX80), and it was a similar price point, I would have strongly considred the hippo (but I'm quite proud to drive an American vehicle)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
A = No comparaison with my old 4,6l triton towing or not towing .
B = Tow more easily than my old 4,6l .
C = I like the Canyon look .
D = I can wash it in my garage and work all around with out touching it or a wall behind . I can stay sit for many hours with out pain to my back and knees .

·
Registered
64 Posts
A C D C - just couldn't help myself. I like their music...

A. I wanted better fuel economy especially after a lift and bigger tires
C. I like how the Crew Cab Canyon Longbed looks and the Diesel hood and grill look good
D. Better resale value and hopefully longer life with a diesel
C. Looks great and unique with all the extra stuff I did to it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's my cash register..
A . Fuel economy ... I get paid for my miles
B. Something i can tow the John Deere 1025 with
C. It looks great and the size is perfect for what I do
D. Eventually this truck will be my off-road project truck.

·
Registered
333 Posts
A, C, and D. The other was just wanting to see what the 2.8 Diesel was all about. When I saw the truck and drove it, I was sold. The milage is a factor, but I really wanted a mid size truck to replace my Sierra, which I think have gotten comically huge in size for no good reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts