Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok this truck is amazing my race trailer weighs 4400 lbs and it tows is so nice ! However every time I take it for a long trip something happens . Today I was pulling a small hill engine temp was 190 tranny 205 when all the sudden boom the dash says engine power reduced !!! Wtf everything is working fine so now in stressed out nursing this thing is going to break and leave me stranded (agian) .I made it home and it’s fine but the light is on and it won’t go into tow haul until it goes off . If I do a delete on it I bet all that **** goes away but it voids my useless warrenty . And advice guys

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Gotcha. Yea, you have a bit of warranty left. I mean, you're almost to the end of your bumper to bumper warranty (3 years or 36k miles). You already surpassed your emissions warranty (2 years or 24k miles). Your powertrain warranty goes 5 years or 60k miles.

Do you know what the problem is with the truck this time? Also, what have been the past problems?

I couldn't take it any longer, so at 45k I "fixed" mine. Haven't had any problems and I'm almost to 66k now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I "fixed" mine at 34k I am now at 62k with no problems whatsoever. I just got tired of the little bs issues, all emissions related of course. I said forget the warranty as I don't like the dealer touching my stuff anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok this truck is amazing my race trailer weighs 4400 lbs and it tows is so nice ! However every time I take it for a long trip something happens . Today I was pulling a small hill engine temp was 190 tranny 205 when all the sudden boom the dash says engine power reduced !!! Wtf everything is working fine so now in stressed out nursing this thing is going to break and leave me stranded (agian) .I made it home and it’s fine but the light is on and it won’t go into tow haul until it goes off . If I do a delete on it I bet all that **** goes away but it voids my useless warrenty . And advice guys
Might be the turbo

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Omg I can’t believe this . So it turned out to be the air filter !! Ok well the dealer services this rig for the life I that own it . They tried to charge me . And said it was my fault I said if you can’t realize the filter is blocked how many zerks did you skip or miss ? I’m worried about my lugnuts now ! Lol . I saw the filter it wasn’t that bad but yet it spit a code . So my new theory is to run it till the cel starts flashing and ignore it when it comes on .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts