Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Under AC compressor, right behind head and by rear of exhaust manifold are the 3 main places it rubs

·
Registered
5 Posts
So does this kit remove the cleaner thing? And does the tune do away with that requirement? (sorry for my technical description) Just bought a 2017 Colorado with the Diesel...

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So does this kit remove the cleaner thing? And does the tune do away with that requirement? (sorry for my technical description) Just bought a 2017 Colorado with the Diesel...
:) By kit and cleaner thing, do you mean the EGR Delete Kit and EGR? If so, then yes. The EGR returns exhaust gasses back to the engine I believe in an attempt to make things clean...it just plugs things up really and then you have to replace it eventually. The catalytic converter does the same thing, but is in the exhaust while the EGR is attached to the engine (not sure the specific location though). Both clog up eventually and are naturally restrictive, to begin with, and just get worse over time.

A tune is needed to keep the trucks ECM happy. If you remove the above-mentioned stuff (along with the DPF which also clogs up eventually and the DEF system), a tune from a company that will do emissions delete tuning, the tune will tell the ECM that the items still exist, even though they don't. But like I said, you have to get a tuner who will do emissions delete tuning.

If you go to the right place, a performance shop like either Dan's Diesel, probably Danville Performance, and I think All-In Truck Performance, they can do everything for you there. Or you can do what I feel a lot do and buy a tuner, buy a race exhaust (with or without muffler) and buy an EGR Delete Kit. Most of it is doable by yourself if you have tools, a place to work and are mechanically inclined (or can use Google :confused:). The tuners are usually just plug them in and they do their own thing. I can't say I have experience on this truck specifically doing this stuff yet, but it is very similar to how you do a delete on any diesel or GM diesel at least.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts