Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Colorado HD owners...
Has anyone found Dexos2 labeled oil in their local Autozone, Advanced Auto, or similar stores?
I was ready to do a "break-in" change of oil and could not find the suitable labeled Dexos2 oil anywhere.
I have printed the list of all certified dexos 2 oils, but like Bigfoot or a Unicorn, I can't seem to find it. I am purposely avoiding the dealer. Mostly because when I visited the parts dept of my local Chevy dealer and asked about something for my Colorado diesel, the parts manager said,"We're putting a diesel in those now?" Yes, really.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tired of seeing oil shown as in stock only to find it Dexos1 on the shelf. The minimum wagers behind the counter are of little help. Ordered from my trusted source at idparts.
However, for those interested in who makes suitable lubricants for your BabyMax, here is a link to all Dexos2 certified/licensed oils brands:
http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2-print/

·
Registered
121 Posts
The best price I could find was Mobil 1 (synthetic dexos 2) online for about $89 for a case of liters, kind of strange! Are people doing better than that somewhere?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I stocked up on pennzoil platinum euro L when I bought the truck @$7/qt on amazon. Last I saw it was still that price. but, when I run out of that I'll probably use a different oil based on recommendations here

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have bought all of my oil from idparts.com. I do intermediate changes between dealer services. I just ordered their Colorado Diesel oil change kit (oil, oem filter, o rings and new drain plug for 61.95. They have always had oil in stock. They also had OEM filters when the dealer didn't. I got INEO MC3 (Dexos 2) but they also offer 2 types of mobil1, and Liquid Molly. I have used these guys for all of my diesels...04 VW Touareg V10 tdi, a 06 Golf tdi and a MB GLK 250 Bluetec. Great service, advice when needed. No, I don't get kickbacks. You can get oil in bulk. They know their stuff. Their inventory of stuff for Chevy and GM is growing as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Walmart carries the Pennzoil Platinum Euro L Full Synthetic 5w30 5qt for 26 bucks. They also have the Mobil one for a little more.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
That's cheap....Amazon is usually the king of cheap prices. I have the 6 qt. pack saved in my cart for later so I don't lose it and it's $50. I could buy 10 qts. at your Wal-Mart and only have to spend around $2-3 more for what's on Amazon.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just received 5qt pennzoil euro l for $22.68 plus tax. Ordered 2 so I would get free shipping. Walmart.com

Always buy Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 at Walmart online or at store. Sometimes it is on sale. Label says Dexos 2 and also says Made for Diesel.
Also buy 2.5 gallon DEF which comes with
a nozzle at Walmart.
Free Walmart shipping.
I don’t know about ordering DEF online
DEF containers get beat up and leak.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Always buy Pennzoil Euro L 5w30 at Walmart online or at store. Sometimes it is on sale. Label says Dexos 2 and also says Made for Diesel.
Also buy 2.5 gallon DEF which comes with
a nozzle at Walmart.
Free Walmart shipping.
I don’t know about ordering DEF online
DEF containers get beat up and leak.
Sure would like to see that jug of yours and WHERE on it. it says Dexos 2. MY local walmart does have the full Synth Pennzoil Euro 5w30 but has no Dexos label at all on it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You might consider this as well. I ran it for one change (then deleted and started using AMSOIL products). I liked it. I know others who run it as well who are sticklers about oil. Manual says 5w30 or 0w40, so this is right in the middle. Similar on cost to the Euro L and D2 approved.

1955DEFD-AE0C-4211-9B97-F6993B263BC3.png

·
Registered
20 Posts
At moment used Castrol edge Full synth D2, was all I could find. Ive run this oil in several engines, that only weve owned and seen 400k with no issues.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts