Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Kats oil pan heater, 200w? My truck didn't come with a block heater, it started at -8 ok, but at -21, any little thing may help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used one with a therm-cube (amazon) on at 10 off at 20. The truck was sitting outside in the NM mountains. I figured when I got up at -25 things would be unpleasant, truck started right up. Disconnected the cord and the heater and put it in my tool box, since then I have installed a 50W heat pad on the oil pan and have a new cube on at 20 off at 30 with the cord coming out the front of the hood. That little thing warms the oil just enough that no hard start and I feel better. The factory block heater is a better solution, but even that has a thermostat. When I spoke to a friend he has a 100W pad on his canyon and plugs it in to a timer that starts it just 3 hours before he goes out to the truck. All in all, simple cheap solutions, I would use the magnetic in an emergency, but would not have 200W on my oil pan all night. OIL is the life of an engine......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts