Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
FWIW, anytime any tech says they are working on a fix, that means they will fix it in the next model refresh. I also have the lean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2016 also has the lean. Its 1/2" lower on the left. Not as bad as the 80s F150s but it bugs me. I just installed the add a leaf 800lb springs. Lean didnt change but truck rides so much better now. With my cap, roll out and tools i was bouncing off the bump stops. This should be a factory option for those of us that actually carry equipment and tow.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My cement floor is level and when measuring from the floor to the lower lip of the wheel well to the cement, the front of the truck is 1/2 inch lower on the Driver Side than the Passenger Side. In the rear of the truck the Driver side is over an inch lower on the Driver Side than the Passenger Side. This is not due to weight of the fuel tank since I am sitting on 1/4 tank of fuel with these measurements.

Anybody else have a difference like this? Currently have about 5000 miles.
I put Firestone airbags on the rear, level, and pulls 4000lb trailer no problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Took mine in a month ago for the 'fix'. It did absolutely nothing! Consisted of a shim for the left leaf and a new coil for the right. Didn't check before leaving the dealer (sitting on an incline) and measured when I got home and let me tell ya, was I hot! They had it for nearly a week...prematurely scheduled-in before parts arrived. Reinstalled the 9/16" spacer purchased from eBay and all is right with the world again. Front is within an 1/8" and the driver's rear is a little high, 1/2", when fuel is at a 1/4 tank and just about even with full tanks (fuel & DEF).
Hope this helps those that are wishing for a 'fix' from the GM Engineering Team lol.
FWIW- I have listed my 5100 series setup: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253765224600

Reactions: Burgess159

·
Registered
182 Posts
I installed a 2 inch leveling lift on the front and an add-a-leaf on the rear. The lean wasn’t terribly noticeable before but the lift accentuated it. After install it was a full inch off from side to side. That was with a full tank of diesel. After a week it settled down to about 1/2 inch. I decided it bothers me enough to do something about it. I read up on the GM shim solution. Being out of warranty and with the fact the u bolts wouldn’t be long enough after I added the GM shim with the add-a leaf, I contacted Auto Spring to get another center bolt, longer u-bolts, and a 3/8 spacer. $43 shipped for those items and I had them in 3 days. I am going to install the spacer this weekend and will post back on the results. I’m guessing with the battery and the fuel tank on the driver side, that probably has something to do with the problem. Add in my 210 pounds and it probably makes the springs on the driver side settle in more. I am hopeful that takes care of it as I don’t want to disassemble the front spring again. It is a bit more of a chore than the passenger side.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Front is now 1/4 inch off (improvement) and the rear is 1/2 inch (no change). I’m going to just accept that. Also, at 3 years old and 33,000 miles with not much winter driving, Im pretty disappointed with the amount of rust in the spring pack and u-bolts. A little better paint would completely prevent this.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts