Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has installed a custom audio system in their Colorado?im in the process of designing something for my crew cab zr2 and was curious to see what you guys have done.i'm planning on using some of the equipment from my last truck...audio control lc7i processor,arc audio black series components for all the doors and dash,2 red top optimas to help power a dd m1d for subs,dd d4.90 for mids and a sundown x10 for sub.might use 2-sa8's in this truck due to size limitations.lets see what you guys have!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no Bose in mine although they do sound good!This was supposed to be the one I left alone but after always having a big system in my truck I got the itch again!having all the equipment from my old Silverado helps too!was just looking for ideas for the sub box from Colorado-vile!!!!as it comes together I'll put up some pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Met w/ my car audio guys yesterday and got some plans laid out for my system.ill be going with 2 sundown audio x8's in a ported leather wrapped box to match upholstery where the larger portion of the back seat currently resides.it will house the subs as well as the extra battery needed.they are going to build a flush mounted amp rack/seat support under the small back seat on passenger side.got the subs ordered and scheduled the beginning of work for next Saturday!pics...and driving my wife crazy soon to come!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG
IMG_2759.JPG
IMG_2760.JPG
Making some progress on the system.everything done except the upholstery on sub box.all the door/dash speakers,amp rack,batteries,amps,processor and wiring complete.all we have left is to wrap the box and tune everything.waiting on leather/vinyl to arrive from GM.the extra battery wouldn't fit anywhere inside the cab so have it in a marine box in the bed for now.plan on getting a diamond plate or aluminum box w/ rhino lining for it eventually which will be thru bolted down and all wiring concealed inside.upgraded the amps as well to Ct sounds 1400.1 for subs and a 125.4 for mids.some of you might frown on hacking up a brand new truck but that's the down side of any custom audio system in a car.im used to it and to me...it's well worth it!here's a few pics...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IMG_2774.JPG
IMG_2792.JPG
IMG_2793.JPG
All buttoned up and sounds incredible!!the x8's are way louder then my single x10 was in the Silverado.once they get broken in it will just get better.honestly not too thrilled w the way they did the amp rack.box sits a lil higher than we planned but the armrest w cup holders still folds down.that was all I specified before installation...that the arm rest still folded down.these are the sacrifices one must make for bass and giant amplifiers...good thing I'm solo in the truck 99% of the time bc there ain't much room back there now!here's a few pics.
IMG_2789.JPG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IMG_2751.JPG
IMG_2750.JPG
If anyone knows someone w a new body style Silverado in need of some boom i need to get rid of my old box.fits perfectly in place of the large rear back seat in a 4 door.upholstered w white stitching and black leather from gm to match seats.the seam on top even lines up w back rest.box is made for a sundown x10 single ported and tuned to 30hz.cost me way more but I'd take $100 for it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P1010706.jpg
P1010696.jpg
Yes...I do this to every truck I've ever owned...here's an 08 f250 I had!you either love it or hate it!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Somehow I missed the part when you explained you'd be giving up two seats for two speakers. That's not what I envisioned happening at all.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Back in the day I would have used the back seat for......well anybody from the 70's & 80's would know what I was talking about, BUTTTTTT SPEAKERSSSS!!!!!!!!!o_Oo_OLoL!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when you've been married for 30yrs like me the back seat never gets used like that..ever...:(she likes boat rides to secluded places and night time "walks" on the beach though!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
when you've been married for 30yrs like me the back seat never gets used like that..ever...:(she likes boat rides to secluded places and night time "walks" on the beach though!!!
I'm right there with ya! 25 years for me and still on the first one and lovin' every minute of it!:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts