Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will be in the market for a Colorado (4wd diesel z71) within the next month or two. I agree that the truck has too much rake and must be dealt with. My question is to lift (4") or level (3.5")? My concern is the geometry of the CV joints with a level. I have considered the readylift SST 3.5 and the rough country 4" lift. My thoughts are that the rough country lift will keep the geometry of the CV's closer to stock.

Would love to hear from those of you running leveling spacers and if you have had any issues. I plan on keeping this truck for quite a while and just want the best setup.

Thank you,
Damian aka PanicStop

·
Registered
31 Posts
My gosh, most folks would consider 1.5" to 2" a level lift on this truck. My installer haphazardly maxed out my Fox (2.5 remote reservoir) front shocks at +2", and I noticed the rearward lean and felt like I was looking skyward. I'm currently at roughly 1.7" front lift and 1" rear blocks (thus only 0.7" level lift), and there's clearly a bit of rake left unaddressed (which is fine for my needs).

Since your question is not 2.8D specific, you should level-set on this wealth of information covering the entire range of lift possibilities/combinations and precautions:
https://www.coloradofans.com/threads/how-to-lift-your-colorado-or-canyon-and-what-tires-fit.397567/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My gosh, most folks would consider 1.5" to 2" a level lift on this truck. My installer haphazardly maxed out my Fox (2.5 remote reservoir) front shocks at +2", and I noticed the rearward lean and felt like I was looking skyward. I'm currently at roughly 1.7" front lift and 1" rear blocks (thus only 0.7" level lift), and there's clearly a bit of rake left unaddressed (which is fine for my needs).

Since your question is not 2.8D specific, you should level-set on this wealth of information covering the entire range of lift possibilities/combinations and precautions:
https://www.coloradofans.com/threads/how-to-lift-your-colorado-or-canyon-and-what-tires-fit.397567/

Yes, definitely 2.8 diesel... And thank you for the thread, I have been though it several times :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello all - so I saw a post that said the readylift sst is not gonna work on a diesel, I assume either it hasn't been tested by readylift or its the weight difference btwn the gasser and the diesel (my assumption). Coilovers are the direction now that I'm thinking is the way to go. Just looking for a mild lift and in retrospect the 4" is too much for my needs. So here's the question, Bilstien or Eibach ? Any feedback is gladly accepted!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all - so I saw a post that said the readylift sst is not gonna work on a diesel, I assume either it hasn't been tested by readylift or its the weight difference btwn the gasser and the diesel (my assumption). Coilovers are the direction now that I'm thinking is the way to go. Just looking for a mild lift and in retrospect the 4" is too much for my needs. So here's the question, Bilstien or Eibach ? Any feedback is gladly accepted!
So I have the 2.7” Eibach pro truck lift on mine currently on the 2.8 duramax Canyon 2016 looks awesome rides great and lifted additionally 1” with new Toyo Open Country 265/70/17 with Black Rhino Warlords gunmetal

·
Registered
27 Posts
So if ur planing on deleting keep in mind if U had the recent gm update it puts a lock on the ecm making it a problem to tune so motor ops is working on it to fix my stupid gm mess!!! Bad thing for me exhaust is removed already removed and scrapped but I do have a new turbo back flo pro exhaust on now!!! I’ll keep u all updated with the process which will be next week

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got locked out of my DuramaxTuner tune as well. Will be eager to hear about your results
So I’m tuned and deleted runs fine sounds amazingly different quicker shifts however engine light is on might be due to my tuner forgot to unplug egr and def pump do he did it but also forgot to unplug batterie first I’m thinking that’s the reason for the light on dash we’ll see I’m still driving it with light on drives fine!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did you get the turbo back ?
If for some reason u r still looking for flo pro style turbo back exhausts u can buy them through ZZDiesel.com they have alluminized or stainless steel versions under 500.00 they also sell motor ops tuning and there own custome tune to

·
Registered
27 Posts
No, I need to call back and see if they have cracked the code yet.
With my update before motor ops tune it caused some issues tuning but it’s now tuned to optimized stock tune1 however I have a dsp4 tune but for some reason the switch doesn’t work so there trying to see what’s causing that might be the update and maybe with the update from gm I’ll only be able to do the single tune like I have now which is fine I just need to get rid of check engine light 💡

1 - 18 of 18 Posts