Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 and I am wanting to get a little lift and throw on some bigger tires, I already have a supreme suspensions 2.5” and was wondering what would be best to do the rear? Also what size tires is anybody running with a similar lift?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have a 2018 and I am wanting to get a little lift and throw on some bigger tires, I already have a supreme suspensions 2.5” and was wondering what would be best to do the rear? Also what size tires is anybody running with a similar lift?
Do you want a useful pickup truck or an adult Tonka Toy? Your decision, but I'll be watching for any subsequent posts about lack of pick up, high trans temps, drive train component failures, wobbly ride, poor off road performance over steep grades, etc. Modern pick ups are fit for purpose and don't have the heavy duty lagniappe of the all steel oldies. If you buy new, AND you pay attention to ratings, AND stay stock, THEN you will enjoy even better service than you had from your oldies.

My '95 K2500 4WD X cab, 350 Cheyenne was ordered new, and was subsequently heavily loaded a lot. Trailers, 5th wheels, big bed loads, desert temps, you name it. Stock as a rock, with $ spent on premium quality maintenance materials and labor ( mostly mine). Except for the expected Chevrolet pick up oil leaks, no significant service problems until it got sold, for the Colorado newbie, in '18.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Look at the ARB/OME rear leaf springs, EL100r and EL101R, plus a HD helper leaf are avalible.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have the same supreme suspension 2.5” front with 2” rear shackles. It perfectly leveled out the truck. I will be running 275/55R20 tires. I know for sure the size fit on my stock wheels with a slight intermittent rub at full turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts