Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tuned and deleted now but its time to lift the truck. Not many people up here with lift experience on a 2019 Colorado. What is the largest tire you can go with for a 2.5" levelling. I have heard you can go 3 inch leveling but think that might be too high for leveling. Would love to see others combos.

Cheers Bo

·
Registered
43 Posts
It would be great if we could make this answer a sticky, but since it refers to the other Chevy Colorado forum, we probably won’t. Anyway, all your answers are here:
How to lift your Colorado or Canyon and what tires fit

I lifted my front end about 1.75” (Fox 2.5 remote reservoir sus lift), but fell right into the grey zone in the link above where some fit 32” tires without issue, but mine (255-75/17) slightly rub on max steering travel (so far I’ve ignored it, since I don’t rock crawl). Once you start talking 3” and greater lift, keep in mind the drivetrain concerns discussed above (diff drops and such).

People seem concerned that the diesel variant is fundamentally different, but it isn’t. The suspension geometry and parts fitup seems in all likelihood to be identical (at least I haven’t seen any forum complaints in the last 4 years). Ideally, third party manufacturers would have different shock spring rates and valve stacks (internals) for the heavier diesel front end weight - but the overall size and fit of the shocks, UCA, and such is identical to the gassers (based on lack of evidence to the contrary - and based on my purchase research). People on this forum want to make everything diesel-special, but let’s keep an open mind to when it’s not :)

Lifting the front roughly 2” gets you basically level. But if you’re concerned about ground clearance, then the rear under-spare and tow hitch mess with departure angle. Adding 1” blocks on the rear won’t improve clearance to the pumpkin or shock towers, but it will take your spare and hitch an inch higher. And I’m a fan on that suggestion on the other thread this week about cutting the diesel’s huge exhaust pipe at a 45* angle to improve its ground clearance :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts