Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a "Service 4WD" message on the Driver Information Center display today. Four wheel drive is out. High range, Low Range no dice. Stealer says gimme a Benny and I'll tell you if your extended warranty covers it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I received a "Service 4WD" message on the Driver Information Center display today. Four wheel drive is out. High range, Low Range no dice. Stealer says gimme a Benny and I'll tell you if your extended warranty covers it.
I would look for wire harness chafing. This has happened to a few others and it was a poorly placed harness across a sharp edge that was the root cause.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing, thanks! Will check it out.

Reactions: SFLTruck

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the winter, quite a bit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I remember one thread where the poster found the cable thet runs the 4X4 actuator motor rubbed through as it went over the transmission.

Let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember one thread where the poster found the cable thet runs the 4X4 actuator motor rubbed through as it went over the transmission.

Let us know what you find.
Will do.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Turned out to be an actuator. My extended warranty covered it for a $100 deductible. Truck is back, seems to work.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I'm waiting for another snow storm to try things out for real.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't have any noises, just a whole lot of nothing.

·
Super Moderator
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thing is I have had 3 other GM trucks and had zero 4wd issues including one with over 200,000 miles.

Reactions: Vinolush
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.