Chevy Colorado Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 2nd year my Intake manifold sensor keeps tripping and this is due incorrect readings. I live in Canada and we get really cold. We had a very chilly temp drop to about -39 recently, I waited several days as I needed to wait to get better temps because I didn't add anti gel additive. Now its around -10 and sensor is tripped again.
This is the 2nd years this has happened.

Talked to one of the service guys and he had mentioned it maybe due to the block heater plug in being outside the truck, apparently there is some electrical sensors in the plug.

I have a 2018 z71 longbox crewcab with about 13,000km on it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is the 2nd year my Intake manifold sensor keeps tripping and this is due incorrect readings. I live in Canada and we get really cold. We had a very chilly temp drop to about -39 recently, I waited several days as I needed to wait to get better temps because I didn't add anti gel additive. Now its around -10 and sensor is tripped again.
This is the 2nd years this has happened.

Talked to one of the service guys and he had mentioned it maybe due to the block heater plug in being outside the truck, apparently there is some electrical sensors in the plug.

I have a 2018 z71 longbox crewcab with about 13,000km on it.
Tripping? you mean it setting a code?
What is the code?
I would think the sensor is out of range for that low temp.

Can’t see a block heater causing that.
ANY answers from a dealer are questionable these days as they seem to only know what they can read from a manual. It’s spooky scary when it comes to service people.....

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code is now the 2nd time in two years that I had to take it in. Less then 9,000km apart.
Code P00E9

It was -25 the previous day, cause when I started it it was -5.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it appears that the ODB2 sensor software read the code but the code is not the normal googable code.

Turns out it was the DEF pump unit blew up. They replaced it.. Looked at the bill 1398 dollars.. Thank god I got warranty.

Service guys said that these new units are better.. To be seen I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts